My first Schwinn Cycle Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked up a barn find today! Well I found it at my brothers and he found it in a barn but anyway thought I would post it. I am into Muscle Bikes and not as much of a big bike guy but know cool when I see it! :D

truck2.jpg

truck7.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck5.jpg

Sadly a man had to die before we could get the bike. lol No, we have known about this bike for about 15 or more years, and it was stored away.
The owner used to talk about it to anyone who would listen to him. He died about 4-5 years ago and the mans family didn't want anything to do with it.
They knew it was worth something but were not sure what. My brother just bumped into one of them and caught them on the right day.
I called dibs and now I am giving it some love! ☺

P.S. Could use some correct grips and seat if anyone has this stuff. ☺

I checked the serial numbers and it is a 1951 A3824**

RailRider said:
I checked the serial numbers and it is a 1951 A3824**

11/19/1951 to be exact. Should have a CT before the serial too. Here's a little something to print out and put with it.
1946_17.jpg

Cool thanks for the ad! I would love to ad a vintage style logo to the plate, nothing permanent just for fun, I won;t be restoring the bike but I will clean it up, and fix what needs fixed, and maybe repaint the wheel hoops if I cna not find some originals that look close to the bikes condition. ☺

Wow,Still haven't found one of these yet.I can't beleive yours in such amazing shape.Still got the basket and the drop stand.Really cool find :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing.
-Kreep-

RailRider said:
Cool thanks for the ad! I would love to ad a vintage style logo to the plate, nothing permanent just for fun, I won;t be restoring the bike but I will clean it up, and fix what needs fixed, and maybe repaint the wheel hoops if I cna not find some originals that look close to the bikes condition. ☺
No problem, I was thinking some magnetic letters for it, easily removed, easily painted any color you want, and cheap

Kreep said:
Wow,Still haven't found one of these yet.I can't beleive yours in such amazing shape.Still got the basket and the drop stand.Really cool find :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing.
-Kreep-

Thanks, I thought the pix made it look like a turd, but it is a pretty good bike to me. I hope i still look this good when I am this old! :D

outskirtscustoms said:
RailRider said:
No problem, I was thinking some magnetic letters for it, easily removed, easily painted any color you want, and cheap

I have my own vinyl plotter, and considered cutting something myself. Problem is I want to age it to match the bike so almost needs to be hand painted on. Little undecided right now. ☺

NICE FIND RON !!! Why dont you just air the tires up and ride it over to frankfort, I'll trade ya some ca$h and give ya a ride back home too :lol:

CCR said:
NICE FIND RON !!! Why dont you just air the tires up and ride it over to frankfort, I'll trade ya some ca$h and give ya a ride back home too :lol:

Sounds like a Lavern and Shirley intro to me!

CCR said:

Stop in next time your in the area. :D

RailRider said:
CCR said:

Stop in next time your in the area. :D

I'll give you a call next time i know i will be around that way, i hate to just drop by unannounced though.

Latest posts

Back