My first post and new acquisition

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been a lurker forever lots of talented folks here and great bikes. I bought my girlfriend a huffy cranbrook for Christmas and she has been itching to ride it. She didn't want to ride alone so I went and looked for a used bike on CL and I found a Western flyer reproduction in great shape IMHO got it for a good price. She was very happy that I got a bike and we went Riding last night. Now not to sound like a ....... but I can't seem to get the chain tight. I know you pull the wheel back and tighten the bolts down but for some reason when I tighten the wheel creeps forward any sage advice?
436edb6d-69dc-2ffe.jpg

436edb6d-69f0-3196.jpg
436edb6d-6a01-16a5.jpg
436edb6d-6a17-6b5f.jpg

We had a fun ride and then stopped at Subway for eating the main thing is my chick has been kinda in the dumps and she is so excited to ride and get exercise.
436edb6d-6ad9-3ba6.jpg

Here's my datsun
436edb6d-6af8-a88d.jpg

And the cannon I built to fire mortor shells.

Anyway my name is Jake and I live in the spokane area. And im happy to be a part of this community

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.501612,-117.564081

thats pretty clean rep pro you picked up looks real good...and the datsun... old school JDM is my fame... 8) i like that...clean toys..

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!! NICE BIKE FOR YA FIRST ONE. LUCKY DOG.ALTERNATE TIGHTENING EACH SIDE OF THE TIRE BY HOLDING IT BACK SO THE CHAIN IS TAUNT. NOW GO BUY A CHEAPER BIKE AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Thanks guys! The other issue is the crank arm has play in it I can wiggle it back and forth never worked on bikes but I got all the bikes electrics to work that's more my forte. I converted the front to led even though I love the old yellow light this seems more functional. I'm looking into getting a worksman and making a board track racer with a motor that would be pretty cool.
436edb6d-8e9f-fa35.jpg

Idea of size of my truck.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.501527,-117.564072

i just flip the bike on its seat, take a tennis ball and wedge it between the rear tire and the chain stays(the bottom two rods that run to the rear axle) and turn the tire to lodge the ball just enough till the chain feels right then tighten down the nuts. sweet find!

Welcome!!!!

I love how you went from innocuously sharing your story of acquiring your bikes.......

......to a cannon you built to fire mortor shells.

Awesome.

funny, i was thinking the same thing. i also like the vintage datsun. welcome
Jimmy the Gent said:
Welcome!!!!

I love how you went from innocuously sharing your story of acquiring your bikes.......

......to a cannon you built to fire mortor shells.

Awesome.

Your bike is okay but I like that gun! Is is just a noise maker or do you fire projectiles? I built a small black powder noisemaker canon for the 4th of July but yours is full size! 8) Gary

Latest posts

Back