My first build for profit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started it first time trying to build a bike for profit but already have another customer lined up so ill see how this goes.
Im using the firestone I picked up off the curb and basicly just doing a restoration job on it.
heres how it started
DSC00182.jpg

Busted down only problem is I couldnt get the gooseneck off
DSC00184.jpg

So I just stripped it all and primed over the gooseneck too
DSC00187.jpg

And here it is painted Im putting 6 coats of gloss clear on it to make it shine and protect it. She wanted cherry red so im just spray painting it. I think its turning out pretty well so far
DSC00190.jpg

All that clear is going to crack the first time you turn the forks

Ok well the seat arrived today so I test fitted it and love the way it looks i think it works well with the bike (thanks crassly). The chrome was pretty rusted and after cleaning it up it just didnt look good with that color red or at least i didnt like it so im painting the fenders. I was gonna paint them red to match the rest of the bike but cant decide if thats what I want or if white would look better or if thats too much white. Anyways heres some pics and let me know what yall think.
The seat
DSC00191.jpg

My paint booth
DSC00194.jpg

Mock up to see what white would look like
DSC00195.jpg

Front fender
DSC00196.jpg

Rear fender
DSC00197.jpg

Well let me know what yall think I should do with the fenders

I would be sure to remove the stem and forks the grease the bearings before giving it to the lady. You may have to end up cutting it off, but it would be cheap and easy to replace them. Who knows when the last time the headset was lubed? :)

yes once agian im painting it in my dorm, its the only place i got right now.

And I tried to reomve the forks and headtube but it just wasnt happening. It moves freely the bike was obviously beeing ridden up untill the point they threw it out cuz it had a new seat and was rideable when i got it.

the bike is lookin good, in the future though i would strongly suggest not painting fork/headset assembley while they are installed on the bike, and be careful painting in a dorm, that sounds very dangerous and im sure against its a violation of many dorm rules, i dont wanna see anyone get into trouble over rat rodding - or even worse - get hurt from ignited fumes.
fast eddie outty

Latest posts

Back