My first build - Flat Black Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is made from a Chrisson Sando, a 250 € bike I ordered online (comparable to your big box bikes. They don't sell real vintage cruisers in Germany, and if they do, they're really expensive. Reading about your 60 $ scores makes me envious). Invested another 100 € in parts.
I live in a hilly area, so it has a deraillieur on which I installed a Megarange sprocket for even better climbing.
I left on the fenders because it's a daily driver. Dropped the handlebar and set the seatpost way up because I don't actually cruise - I ride it like a road bike. This thing is fast! It also has a really low frame compared to my Electra that was stolen before that.

Got me a springer fork on ebay, new grips and a lamp. Painted everything flat black (what a hassle - took me 3 days because I disassembled everything, sanded it, primed it etc.), but it's already coming off because I take it in the train every weekend.
This is where I started:
26-SANDO-Alu-schwarzweiss-CODE-2211-1_850x568.jpg

This is where I am now:
klein.jpg

Last edited:
You aren't the only one envious of the prices. Hard to find anything in my neck of the woods for less than 100 bucks although I did get a nice murray Monterrey for 50 last week. And my wife approved of the purchase even tho I had no good reason to buy a bike!

Latest posts

Back