My Elgin Hawthorn Flyer found today!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes despite rumors of my demise I still exist and have lurked over the past several months. I've been busy and frankly just haven't done anything with bikes. The Escaped Convict is alive and well but is suffering from two flat tires due to spontaneous tube failure. I've kept my eye out for new stuff though. Today I found this:

ElginR.jpg

The head badge says Hawthorn Flyer, the grips say Elgin. It appears to hae originally had truss rods. It has wooden wheels with one-piece tire/tubes that are glued on. Pedals turn, chain is stiff but makes the rear wheel go round. It's fairly complete. Seat is wicked cool and patina is well... kinda on the rough side. I shall hold on to her though as a potential build off bike. Best Guess is mid 20's for year. Haven't found any #'s on the frame yet.

Aaron

great score and welcome back!
ive got a 20's elgin myself and the serial #s are on the bottom bracket(good luck decoding them though........ive been trying to get an exact year for mine for months)

Latest posts

Back