my eddie van halen mtb

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its like an '06(or close to that) mongoose blackcomb. i got it barely riden for free, rear derailer was ripped off on first ride, sat in a shed till it was given to me a year ago. a $30shimano alivio and i was ridin a $300 bike! last fall i got the wild idea that i needed to paint something, looked at this silver bike while listening to my favorite band, and stripped it down to a bare frame and started paintin &stripin. i was gonna name it frankenstien after eddie's famous guitar, but its just a stock bike, not pieced together from many pieces of different bikes. thought about 5150 also, but it didnt stick either. my kids call it the van halen bike, so i geuss thats what it is. im sure somebody else has done this, but i've never seen a bike painted like this. like i said, its stock, the wild wtb velociraptor tires growl like superswampers on the pavement, the ride is smooth, and it feels like someone much younger is powering it. hope you like it.
bikes005.jpg

thanx, guys! makes me feel good that bike people like it! i get compliments from people not into bikes, but this means more! like i said, its just stock, i changed the seat for comfort(somewhat) and added a wireless computer, but otherr than that, the paint is all thats changed. i learned alot tearin her down and puttin her back together(with REAL grease), and it was my first paint job also, so the education was worth it even if it woulda turned out bad.
it got 117th outta 445 in the photobucket contest.

Awesome looking bike. You should be quite proud of your work. BTW, it's the first one of its kind I have seen. Bravo!

GO AHEAD AND JUMP! JUMP! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back