My Beast sold in less than one day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer never blinked an eye at my asking $200.00.
I had about $225 or so in it, plus a good set-up.
He already had one, and bought mine for his GF.

Don't give your Beasts away to move up to the Dolomite.

I'm waiting for WM to restock and Dolomite will be WalGoose II.

Wow, Craigslisted??? and they didn't even try the, not really what I wanted, only have half your asking price, and my favorite, wallmart has new ones!
You have shown me the light, only sell fat bikes!

The ones in Ohio here seem to have sold for cost also.
Didn't see any out there used until a few weeks ago when news of the Dolomite broke.

After I saw they held their value, I had no qualms about ordering the Dolomite on release day. I had been tossing around getting a Bikesdirect Fantom FB4 for $699, but this is a lot cheaper, and I'd bet hold their value well enough that if I do decide to upgrade I won't lose much on the Mongoose.

I have my beast on CL for sale. Someone called about it but was 3 hours away one way. I was nice and told them to go to walmart.com and by the Dolomite for a few dollars more. I am to far in the woods for CL to work for me...lol

mine sold on CL for 150bux in less than a day as well....I had about 260 in it and took a loss just for the sake of a quick sale.....

I didn't buy a Dolomite...I bought an Origin 8 Crawler to replace it

OOPS! The Dolomite is back in stock on Walmart.com Price went up to $299.

May have been a mistake to sell WalGoose 1.

From the looks of the Geometry, plus the 7 speeds, I think the Dolomite is a much more rideable bike than the Beast.

From the looks of the Geometry, plus the 7 speeds, I think the Dolomite is a much more rideable bike than the Beast.
Yep, the geometry is more aggressive/Mountain Bike Specs.......:thumbsup:

OK Rat Rod. You are the BMX-pert. I have seen at least one picture of an older BMX with Dolomite name on the frame. School me on the Dolomite name, please.

Yeah...looks like Mongoose is recycling that name. Funny because it was used not that long ago for one of their 20" BMX bikes.

The massif used to be a high end mountain bike. They probably recycle names because it saves money on copyrights.

Kinda like the specialized fat boy. It was a BMX now it's a fatbike.

when I was working on a rig in West Texas.....I always heard the mud logger talk about how we were drilling thru Dolomite.....I always had images from the movie Dolomite pop up in my head and that an angry black man that does cheesy kung fu would come out of the hole!...

$350.00 ------ and everyone who has one is talking about $$$ upgrading components --- WalGoose II is not happening for me. $225 was a given. $350 ? not for me.

$350.00 ------ and everyone who has one is talking about $$$ upgrading components --- WalGoose II is not happening for me. $225 was a given. $350 ? not for me.

Everybody has their limit, I'm right there with you. Single speed coaster brake fat tire gimmick is enough for me. :D

I rode the Beast and the Sun Spider and both had me exhausted riding on the street for about 15 minutes.

I guess I just like riding too fast. Not to mention that I'm surrounded by concrete here.

OK Rat Rod. You are the BMX-pert. I have seen at least one picture of an older BMX with Dolomite name on the frame. School me on the Dolomite name, please.

It's named after a pimp with an all girl army of kung fu killers
dolemite-movie-poster-1020433952.jpg

Latest posts

Back