My 50 Buck Score,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, before I tell you who makes it, I will tell you a little about it. First of all I didn't think it possible for this company to even compete, and for that matter never thought they would even try to make a decent bike. First off, I am pretty sure its a 98 model as best I can tell, retailed for around 3 to 350 bucks containing the same components found on some Specialized and Trek models that ran in cost around 600 bucks, it has RS Jett Rock Shox on it, all Shimano Acera components and the frame is hand welded 6061 aluminum. I got the bike yesterday evening and it was in virtual shambles, a Craigslist find, the rear wheel bearings just fell out on the ground, the front bottom brackett was loose and had about a half inch of movement side to side. First I took out an extra wheelset I had off of a really nice older 21 Speed Schwinn that was mint, had the freewheel on it but no chainwheels at all, I took the ones off of the original rear wheel and installed them on the same shimano hub and freewheel on the Schwinn rear wheel, perfect fit. Then I swapped pedals, seat and seat post, removed all the decals adjusted front and rear deraulleurs, lubed and adjusted both brakes. It is made by Pacific and its a 6500 SX, Bike rides amazing and everything was adjusted and worked flawlessly first ride, about 4 hours of work invested though. The frame has a 23 inch toptube and feels nice and roomy with the layback Redline seat post. I have been wanting a decent hardtail Mountain bike for cheap that I could project on, and for 50 bucks out of pocket on this, I don't think I could go wrong. I was doing alot of single track riding back when this bike hit the market and am really fond of this style bike, The reviews I have found on it are suprisingly good, I have to admit, this is a very nice working bike and is super lite weight. Here she is, the 6500 SX,...
SGW-100CASIO931.jpg

SGW-100CASIO932.jpg

SGW-100CASIO933.jpg

Thanks, great riding bike, been gettin a little seat time on it, hoping to possibly do some trail riding this weekend. :)

Latest posts

Back