Muscle Bike Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1230.JPG
IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG
IMG_1230.JPG
not sure what i found but they are cool. These were in the building next door to my work. Speedometers are for sale or trade

Cool Score on both bikes. The chopper is a Columbia SS bike. They came in coaster, 3, 5 speed. It needs the correct wheels, seat, sissy bar, shifter, chain guard, fender. Still a Great bike. It should be a 20 x 16 bike. Look up Columbia ss 5 to see what it looks like. The other is a 24 inch Spyder bike. Missing the Hurst shifter case and front fender. They don't have as much value as the SS 5 bike. The Columbia is a wanted bike.

Cool Score on both bikes. The chopper is a Columbia SS bike. They came in coaster, 3, 5 speed. It needs the correct wheels, seat, sissy bar, shifter, chain guard, fender. Still a Great bike. It should be a 20 x 16 bike. Look up Columbia ss 5 to see what it looks like. The other is a 24 inch Spyder bike. Missing the Hurst shifter case and front fender. They don't have as much value as the SS 5 bike. The Columbia is a wanted bike.
I figure the purple sears bike will clean up nice and be a regular rider since it will fit me better. The columbia is way out there for me. Gonna have to take my time researching it and do it right.

Last edited:
Holy cow John more great scores! The Super Sport (SS) 5 is a GREAT find! Missing a few parts like Jaxon said but has the fork and bars which are hard parts to find.

Nice couple of finds there!

Holy cow John more great scores! The Super Sport (SS) 5 is a GREAT find! Missing a few parts like Jaxon said but has the fork and bars which are hard parts to find.

Nice couple of finds there!
I found the seat for it on ebay, its more than i paid for the bike, hope its still there when i can afford it

Im pretty sure i have a correct headbadge and chainring for the columbia. Will check my stash when i get home tomorrow. Im a little excited about the spyder because its purple. I almost had a deal for a purple huffy rail that fell through. I like the purple

So I already have a plan for the purple spyder using some parts I already have. It shall sit idle awaiting the class 2 side if the muscle bike build off later this year

IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG

Its gonna be a long time before i get to this so i might as well make it look a little nicer with whatever leftovers i have. I just actually rode it around the neighborhood

I believe these had a 24 spoke drum brake hub and rim. There is a 24 spoke drum brake hub on Ebay right now. You can use a Ross 16 inch wheel which is 24 spoke also. That is as close to original as you will find for it. It's cool you got it ready for riding. They are wheelie poppers...lol

I found a crack in the box near the bottom of the seat tube. But im not romping on it so gonna leave it. I spotted it through a fence walking from my work to the bart train i use to commute on. I went in and he had the purple spyder there too. I keep my truck parked at work in the bay area due to lack of parking available so i ran back to get it and loaded it up. I have a trade going down with a friend next week and will get a 16 inch front wheel in that deal along with a 20 inch for the spyder. Going to change the spyder from a 24 inch fork and 24 inch wheel to a 26 inch chrome spaceliner rat trap fork and a 20 inch wheel. Just using what i have to make something a little different. I will keep the stock parts for it aside

Latest posts

Back