MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! Done and dusted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! {DEADLINE VOTE}

For me, with Thanksgiving being so late this year, it's going to be touch to get anything done the last weekend of the month. I have a lot of family stuff going on. Any extra time would be great, but understand dead-lines, a due date is a due date.

I'm ontrack to finish on time But I have no problem with an extended deadline . That will make sure all bikes are done to perfection and no one drops out. We are all doing this for the fun of it anyway. I would rather everyone have the chance to finish. I think luke and who ever else came up with the challange should make the final decision. I'm good either way.

Looks like the votes are in!

Biggdaddy said:
I'm ontrack to finish on time But I have no problem with an extended deadline . That will make sure all bikes are done to perfection and no one drops out. We are all doing this for the fun of it anyway. I would rather everyone have the chance to finish. I think luke and who ever else came up with the challange should make the final decision. I'm good either way.
Well Jake has already posted his thoughts on it:
oleskool said:
im all for a bit extra, maybe new yeARS so people can finish them ! you never know.. i may even get chance to build another :D
And B.D. makes a good point, this is all for fun and about making cool bikes! The competitive side of me does not want a change, but this is a community of fun and bikes, so lets let them rule, bring on the builds, lets do them properly and have bikes we can be proud of for many years to come!

The votes posted here and the PM's I received came down in favor of:

Option 4: (Which was not even an option, but anyway...) NEW YEARS DAY IT IS! :wink:

I think it is only fair we allow in some others who started a little early in this case though, I am pretty sure we would all agree on that.

Luke.

Well well, a month extension! Yeah I'm in it just for the fun of it, I agree that we oughta let them couple other guys in too. The more the merrier. Maybe oleskool can build him a second one :) heck I might even be able to get my suicide brake figured out. Yehaw!

I'm glad the early birds are getting to play too.

Hopefully, this’ll be inspirational – just finished upgrading it from found parts in the garage!

BFKWheelCovers_zpse3995ddf.jpg

Good luck in your Build-off guys!

I'm in NOW. Thank you for extending. Items at the Chromer will not be finished until Dec 2. Frame and other parts back from paint and still waiting on items to show from eBay. I am in.

You guys are killing me! I grew up on muscle bikes (64 violet stingray deluxe, 2 speed kickback, was my favorite). That tells you how old I am. I am normally into the old tank bike stuff from the 40's, 50's & 60's. Watching all of these builds & staring at this old stripped down 60's Murray 20" frame hanging in the garage makes me want to join in but not sure I would have time to throw something together. Probably have all the parts on hand but would not be anything fancy. Thanks to you all, I am revisiting my childhood!

LukeTheJoker said:
Come on Pick! It does not have to be fancy, as long as you build it and ride it! 8)

Luke.
Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Diabolical_Dork said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Come on Pick! It does not have to be fancy, as long as you build it and ride it! 8)

Luke.
Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
+1! +1! +1! +1! 8)

I think I will hold off for now. I am currently busy rusting parts for the next rat build! :mrgreen: I have gained tons of ideas watching you guys & hope to participate in the next one???? This has been a real interesting build off to watch so far. Lots of cool stuff happening. Happy Holidays guys!

I think I will hold off for now. I am currently busy rusting parts for the next rat build! :mrgreen: I have gained tons of ideas watching you guys & hope to participate in the next one???? This has been a real interesting build off to watch so far. Lots of cool stuff happening. Happy Holidays guys!
Pretty sure there will be a next one Pick! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Luke.

This has been a blast, it's pushed me into completing ideas I have for the bike that I may of never finished before starting another bike project, my mind is turning for the next build now.

Latest posts

Back