Murray official 84 olympic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Momma Jats spotted this today!

the upper sticker with the rings says 1980 LA olympics

so here it is its in great shape and everything works on it!! (except the seat I think that will go away)

jats said:

Looks like the frame has buckled where the seat tube meets the top tube (Seat tube looks bend backward) Kinda cool with the Olympics sticker and in great shape otherwise though. I hate those seats, I had one that was the most uncomfortable thing ever.

Reminds me of this guy when he broke his bike in half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqW1xL5r22M

was thinking of straightening the tube then reinforcing it with a piece of tubing inside the frame so as not to damage paint etc. if it dose not work oh well the inner-tubes cost more them the bike :lol: and they hold air :!:

Troy

Typical problem on many ladies frames, tandems included.

I've straightened such frames with a old time car jack. They allow for slow and in control application of a couple tons of force. These old time lo-carbon steel frames are easy to bend back in to shape.

I had a huffy tandem that was bent in the back that got the jack treatment.
I had another identical Huffy that didn't bend. I later realized it had an extra seat post shoved all the way in, reinforcing the problem area.
I had a columbia tandem that had a 1/4" thick steel plate in the lower part of the rear seat tube. I couldn't tell if it was stock or an add in.

I had a Schwinn girl's bike that did that but a bit worse. I kinda figured out the hard way that it is not a downhill mountain bike :lol: It was fun while it lasted though :mrgreen:

PB230226.jpg

I swear I'm not a bike hoarder.... :|

Latest posts

Back