murray King Kat chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Found this on craigslist.Very nice King Kat.Purchased from the original owner,even came with the owners manual.Still needs cleaned up and a new set of tires.
117_0052.jpg

HEy Scott that thing is sweet. cant believe you found that on CL. Great score.

Thanks Nate,I had to drive to Hope Indiana to pick it up.I think that it was worth the drive.Not sure if my wife feels the same.
I hope to bring it to the Daddy Katz show next month.

Lots of people on here and on Muscle Bike Forums had there eyes on that bike. Great bike and for a great price! You could probably double your money if you were to throw it on ebay but if it was me I would keep it...at least for a little while :)

lopo u beat me 2 it ....i called him and it was alreday gone ....dang it ....i was gonna call last nite but i thought it was 2 late ...nice price 2 ...LOL u got a great deal !!!!

How'd you get that already? I was watching the auction on ebay and it just ended today. Didn't sell. :? Nice score.

Scott - Congrats on joining the unofficial Murray Chopper Owners Club. I am known as 'oneadamtwelve' over on the Muscle Bike Forums. I have several of these choppers in my collection and also have a bunch of spare parts. I have the correct style 20 x 2.125 rear slick and 20 x 1.75 front tire for your King Kat, they are not NOS but are in really nice shape. I also have a few sets of the correct style Wald pedals. Let me know if your interested in these parts. I am also in Ohio (Sandusky).

Also, could I get some information off your King Kat? I have been compiling a list (or registry) of these 1977-78 Murray built choppers over the last 18 months or so, trying to decifer the serial numbers and date codes. Could I get your serial number, and the date codes on the silver sticker on the bottom of the seat pan and on the black & white sticker on the frame by the kickstand? Seat sticker (if still there) will be something like 4-16-77 and the frame sticker should have something like 04-78. I'd appreciate your help with this, and if you are interested in the tires (or need any other parts), let me know. Thanks. Mike

Here's a quick shot of my Murray chopper colllection, sold a couple off since this pic was taken but still have most of them.
choppercollection10091003.jpg

MJW300 said:
Scott - Congrats on joining the unofficial Murray Chopper Owners Club. I am known as 'oneadamtwelve' over on the Muscle Bike Forums. I have several of these choppers in my collection and also have a bunch of spare parts. I have the correct style 20 x 2.125 rear slick and 20 x 1.75 front tire for your King Kat, they are not NOS but are in really nice shape. I also have a few sets of the correct style Wald pedals. Let me know if your interested in these parts. I am also in Ohio (Sandusky).

Also, could I get some information off your King Kat? I have been compiling a list (or registry) of these 1977-78 Murray built choppers over the last 18 months or so, trying to decifer the serial numbers and date codes. Could I get your serial number, and the date codes on the silver sticker on the bottom of the seat pan and on the black & white sticker on the frame by the kickstand? Seat sticker (if still there) will be something like 4-16-77 and the frame sticker should have something like 04-78. I'd appreciate your help with this, and if you are interested in the tires (or need any other parts), let me know. Thanks. Mike

Here's a quick shot of my Murray chopper colllection, sold a couple off since this pic was taken but still have most of them.
choppercollection10091003.jpg

Holy :shock: WOW. Nice collection!

I really like those, everything is so nice on those but it is from of my favorite companies Murray so I like everyone of them.

I think that it was a good deal.Not real sure I have not had much luck finding others to compare it to.I got it for $225.00
I hope to post more pictures soon.I am almost done cleaning it up.

Yeah, i would say that is a sweet deal..especially since i have never seen one before..guess i need to start hunting one of those now too... :lol:
lopo68 said:
I think that it was a good deal.Not real sure I have not had much luck finding others to compare it to.I got it for $225.00
I hope to post more pictures soon.I am almost done cleaning it up.

he got a great deal ...if i would have called the guy a litter sooner i would have got a great deal also ....LOL oh well snooze ya loose ..im sure u could easily double ur money if u wanna sell it ....i would keep it not alot of em around n that shape ....and ur the 2nd owner ....thats cool !!!

Here's a scan of the original Murray King Kat catalog page from 1977 or 1978, pretty cool. Good reference photo for a restoration.
kingkat02.jpg

Latest posts

Back