Murray Astro Flite

Jul 10, 2017
Greentown, PA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mid 60’s Murray Astro Flte cruiser bike. Awesome retro piece. Everything works. Believe it’s all original. Tank has a rust hole otherwise normal surface to be expected. Horn doesn't work. Awesome for restore or rat rod build.

$200 pick up in the lehigh valley area PA or will ship at your expense

Attachments

Aug 20, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty new to this forum and this world.
What size frame is it? Is it considered small? or Large?

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pretty new to this forum and this world.
What size frame is it? Is it considered small? or Large?
With a few exceptions, you can pretty much count on vintage 26" wheeled bikes as having around an 18" frame.
18" puts it at the larger end of "medium" or the smaller end of "large", an average size. Good for 5'6" to maybe 6'ish, but can be made to fit with bars, stem, seatpost changes.
And the Space frames are awesome, love all the tubes!

RustyGold

Pro Member
Jul 2, 2015
Mid-Willamette Valley, Oregon
gogetfunding.com
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
They are cruisers, is the primary point. I've bought a few of my bikes from roadie guys that wanted to get into vintage bikes, and they raise the seats into the stratosphere to 'fit' the bike...and then declare it uncomfortable. I'm 6'2"...on most of these occasions, the guys have been 5'10" or less. I buy, drop the seat most the way down and ride off on a nice comfortable cruiser. You don't need max leg extension and 98.3% power train efficiency for it to be a comfy cruiser. As Matti mentions, there are multiple ways of dialing in cockpit size for max comfort. The '7' shaped seatposts were a factory way for the bike to grow as the rider did...pointed forward on a kids first 26" bike...when the kid becomes a teen, flip the post backwards.

May 12, 2014
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They are cruisers, is the primary point. I've bought a few of my bikes from roadie guys that wanted to get into vintage bikes, and they raise the seats into the stratosphere to 'fit' the bike...and then declare it uncomfortable. I'm 6'2"...on most of these occasions, the guys have been 5'10" or less. I buy, drop the seat most the way down and ride off on a nice comfortable cruiser. You don't need max leg extension and 98.3% power train efficiency for it to be a comfy cruiser. As Matti mentions, there are multiple ways of dialing in cockpit size for max comfort. The '7' shaped seatposts were a factory way for the bike to grow as the rider did...pointed forward on a kids first 26" bike...when the kid becomes a teen, flip the post backwards.
Never knew that about the seatposts, very cool!

Reactions: RustyGold
Apr 1, 2014
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
18" puts it at the larger end of "medium" or the smaller end of "large", an average size. Good for 5'6" to maybe 6'ish, but can be made to fit with bars, stem, seatpost changes.
And the Space frames are awesome, love all the tubes!
The last 3 flip bikes I did, I measured the frames for the ad. All 3 were 17". :39:

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS