Multi-ColorFlow, Boba, Scribble's Rat-Flow. Part XVIV Finished For Real This Time I Swear

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scribs, you have done a superb job on the rat-ina of this bike! It all came together very well.

The only thing I'm thinking of when I look at this is, "Could the tires be faded or yellowed a bit to match the rest of this great creation?"

I wasn't happy with my CST Palm red tires on Desert Rat-ified this WBO, so I used some grey plaid acrylic paint on a rag and took some of the shine off them, tied it in a little better with the overall patina of the bike. Here are a couple of pics.
Before with the tires as is:
desertratcol1.jpg

After applying the paint:
46575_87f3f40f5e5416beed2e0e5cfad02e74.jpg

I have always wanted to try to 'age' some whitewalls, but haven't experimented yet. Be fun to see if anyone else on here has experience with that.

As it stands though, your bike is now in my 'saved file for consideration' for the OddJob Awards!
scribblebike.jpg

The Higgins is looking mighty fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scribs, you have done a superb job on the rat-ina of this bike! It all came together very well.

The only thing I'm thinking of when I look at this is, "Could the tires be faded or yellowed a bit to match the rest of this great creation?"

I wasn't happy with my CST Palm red tires on Desert Rat-ified this WBO, so I used some grey plaid acrylic paint on a rag and took some of the shine off them, tied it in a little better with the overall patina of the bike. Here are a couple of pics.
Before with the tires as is:
View attachment 52941

After applying the paint:
View attachment 52940

I have always wanted to try to 'age' some whitewalls, but haven't experimented yet. Be fun to see if anyone else on here has experience with that.

As it stands though, your bike is now in my 'saved file for consideration' for the OddJob Awards!
View attachment 52942

I like the forced patina look you got on the tires, I've actually done it to the white walls on my 48 DX.
40688_e6e107ec9f3b5d1250f956fcfb7681a9.jpg

I'll have to toy with the idea of aging the white walls of the Flow.

I might... i was stock piling for a build similar to yours and got some doubles along the way. I'll check Smaug's mountain lair(ie my basement) and I'll let you know.

Yes please !!!

I like the forced patina look you got on the tires, I've actually done it to the white walls on my 48 DX.
View attachment 52960
I'll have to toy with the idea of aging the white walls of the Flow.
Good job on the white walls. How did you do it?

Honesty It was on accident, I was replacing tubes with really dirty/greasy hands.

Good job on the white walls. How did you do it?

So I'm going to call this build done (I'm not dropping out just finished the build earlier than I wanted to) just had disaster strike I was hit by a pickup truck while riding my Spaceliner the other day. I have 3 fractures and one break, I have to get my index finger knuckle surgically pinned in place. It's always a pleasure doing these Build-Offs with you guys can't wait to see all the cool stuff at the end .
20170607_091332.jpg

It could've been worse..Looks like.... "HE".... was watching over you.

Last edited:
OUCH! Dude, I hope everything heals well.
Just don't forget to post it up in the finished section before Aug 7th.
Get well!

Scribble, so sorry to hear about the accident. Not only is it the physical injuries, but the shaken will from getting hit is tough. I've been hit two different times in my life, luckily survived both to ride again.

Your build is top notch! Sit back and heal up while you watch the rest of us struggle through the heat of the summer and the build off competition!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Not knowing the circumstances I'll not try to second guess the reason. I have ridden every day for 71 days and counting in all kinds of weather. I've had a few close calls. A lot of drivers just don't know how to share the road with bicycles or each other. And then there is little enforcement of traffic laws in my area.
Take care and get healed up so you may ride again. Nice JC Higgins!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back