Multi-ColorFlow, Boba, Scribble's Rat-Flow. Part XVIV Finished For Real This Time I Swear

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in and I've got the bike with three names. The first name comes from @Onewheelsqueel his son named it Boba Fett because of its similar color palette to that character, second name was Multi-ColorFlow you can thank @kingfish254 for that one, and the third one I gave it Scribble's Rat-Flow.
IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9398.jpg

IMG_9399.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

Well the flow Rat take the cheese with the most votes . That Sk is a great bike but this bike just has some great caricature. Nice box of part with plenty of potential [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Boba-Multi-Flow (Bobamultiflow)-(Multibobaflow)
:rofl:
The bike with many names.

How about Boba-Multi-Flow (Bobamultiflow)-(Multibobaflow)
:rofl:
The bike with many names.

Nooo !! What are you doing, my title is just going to keep getting longer :21:

Just ordered a set of new shoes for the Flow.
quick-brick-tire.jpg

Alright more work getting done, took a brush wheel to the skirt guards today.
IMG_9424.jpg

I also got a little inspiration for how this build will look in the end, the Rat-Flow is already a bucket when it comes to it's original paints condition. I love these old Ratty muscle cars that are a mix of original paint and parts from other cars yet all the chrome it nice and shiny and the tires an internals are brand new, it's a really cool look in my option.
Ratty-Muscle-Cars-125.jpg

I like your inspiration. That bike will look perfect all cleaned up, with a natural patina.

Rockin and rollin. Got everything broke down and ready for my boiled linseed oil treatment, I also have all the chrome and metal parts soaking in cleaning vinegar.
IMG_9437.JPG

IMG_9434.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

IMG_9427.JPG

I forgot to show what the bike looked like before I got it. This is what the condition was like when @Onewheelsqueel first found it.
Screenshot_2017-03-17-02-17-50.png

And here is the work @Onewheelsqueel did before selling it to me.
39D3FDA1-1E8D-451E-ABFA-00C704D78778_zpsasb2ejaj.jpg

And here is the paint removal I did.
IMG_9297.jpg

Last edited:
Ok all the parts are out of the vinegar bath, and man oh man did that do the job most these parts have probably never been this clean since they rolled off the factory floor.
IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9438.JPG

The chains look really good, one was so rusty it was basically one piece of metal
You can really see the affects of the vinegar here, instead of rust there is bare metal now.
IMG_9443.JPG

Good progress. I've never actually soaked parts in vinegar. I've used it on a scrubbie and steel wool and rag, but you really got a good result!

Clean, but not TOO sparkly....:grin:

Good progress. I've never actually soaked parts in vinegar. I've used it on a scrubbie and steel wool and rag, but you really got a good result!

Clean, but not TOO sparkly....:grin:

No not to sparkly but I kind of dig it, and its a whole lot better then rust. It also goes with the build quite well, I have a good mix of patinated chrome parts and bare metal parts that I'm going to mix together when I start reassembly.

IMG_9481.JPG

Started in on the wheel set, and got if finished today as well.
IMG_9482.JPG

IMG_9484.JPG

One of the things I love using in my builds, is original US made tubs you just can't find anything that match's these in quality.
IMG_9485.JPG

Rocken some OG drop centers.
IMG_9488.JPG

Still one of the coolest hubs ever.
IMG_9490.JPG

Nice work on the wheels. The drop centers are my favorite wheel. try to save them whenever I can.

This one is coming along great. With the double parts you keep laying out, are you planning on making this a tandem DuoFlow?

This one is coming along great. With the double parts you keep laying out, are you planning on making this a tandem DuoFlow?

although that would be cool, no the reason there's double parts is that I have the Flows sister bike off to the side. A 1950 J.c Higgins Special Line thats waiting for the Flow to be done, then it will get all the other parts.

Latest posts

Back