BO15 Mudd (my name is)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the final step to having my chick magnet done and I'm starting to get antsy.

Maybe a name change is in order?

1592233910538.png

I looked outside this morning and there weren't whitecaps on the pond, so quick as a sugar buzzed bunny I headed out to the painting tree. One coat of clear has been applied so if the wind keeps down my paint work will be done in a couple of hours. It is early mulberry season here so there is a real possibility of avian added artwork. On a sad note, the J.C. Higgins water slides liberated themselves from the frame. I attribute that to the frame having a whole bunch of "texture" as the artsy folks would say. Here is a photo of the first coat of clear for the extra super discerning eye.

20200617_080213.jpg

Two coats of clear are laid down now, which would be the equivalent thickness of 14 coats done by somebody that knows how to paint. Moments before the clouds covered the sun for the next three weeks, I looked out and saw glint. Yowzahh.

I looked outside this morning and there weren't whitecaps on the pond, so quick as a sugar buzzed bunny I headed out to the painting tree. One coat of clear has been applied so if the wind keeps down my paint work will be done in a couple of hours. It is early mulberry season here so there is a real possibility of avian added artwork. On a sad note, the J.C. Higgins water slides liberated themselves from the frame. I attribute that to the frame having a whole bunch of "texture" as the artsy folks would say. Here is a photo of the first coat of clear for the extra super discerning eye.

View attachment 125798
I see we have similar paint booths :happy:

You would think at my age that I would have learned not to touch the frame until the paint has dried. And I have! I left Mudd hanging in the painting tree overnight. I placed a single drop of blood on Mudd to attract the she-devils from yonder woods to secure their blessings so I'm hoping they visited. Saturday is when it will all come together. No fancy-schmancy bike repair stand for the final assembly either, Mudd is going to be assembled on the ground like a proper BMX'er. Stay tuned for more action.

Bolted everything up this morning, adjusted it for riding position, and skeddadled around my neighborhood. Initial impressions are mostly good. The gearing is too low so the drive cog is going to get replaced by one that is wee-er. The front tire has a little bit of a side hop so that will be looked into, but it isn't a deal breaker. The chain adjusters have the hind tire in perfect alignment with little room to spare. Smoooooth ride so I'm pleased.

Most importantly, the chicks approve!

Bolted everything up this morning, adjusted it for riding position, and skeddadled around my neighborhood. Initial impressions are mostly good. The gearing is too low so the drive cog is going to get replaced by one that is wee-er. The front tire has a little bit of a side hop so that will be looked into, but it isn't a deal breaker. The chain adjusters have the hind tire in perfect alignment with little room to spare. Smoooooth ride so I'm pleased.

Most importantly, the chicks approve!

Just read this straight through and this is awesome! FYI I live right up the street from Morro Strand State Beach, 3 hours north of Southern California! This post is missing something though...
263544FC-5EEB-4A39-BA41-399BABCA20FE.jpeg

Just read this straight through and this is awesome! FYI I live right up the street from Morro Strand State Beach, 3 hours north of Southern California! This post is missing something though...
View attachment 126282
It's been raining again so I haven't gotten out for the final photo session, I'm going to try today, I think I know a good spot.

Latest posts

Back