Mr. Mastodon *Finished* 8-19-08

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally decided on a bike to throw in the ring. It is a 24" schwinn typhoon that has seen better days. I'm going to try my best to use all parts that i already have. Here goes nothin"....

2654589784_8727f76e93_b.jpg

Re: Mr. Mastodon

Here are a few of the parts i will be using

Big Apes
2653920465_0512e10ca8.jpg

Forks from a mini OCC stingray
2654708100_5b3dc01d78.jpg

A set of 24" wheels i have had around for a while. With a set of front tires from the bigger OCC chopper
2653963969_147f3c3166.jpg

2653968995_f07a1272ca.jpg

I'm also thinking I will go with some combination of banana seat sissy bar, because i like the look and so i can get the seat up and back far enough so i can actually ride it.

You haven't even started it, and I already like it! :lol:

Nice! I would probably ride it as is..... but what fun is that :D

Does anybody have a kickstand for a regular size schwinn laying around? these front forks are lifting it a little too high for the current shorter kickstand.

Good combination of parts. They look much better on it than on those silly stingrays

I can probably help with a Schwinn kickstand. Can you give me an idea of how long it needs to be from the top of the bend to where it touches the ground?

sensor said:
glad too have you in on this one too! great start and......................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNUeKVYQ ... re=related
:mrgreen:

I'm impressed, i figured nobody would get me reference. :D

By the way CAKE is the greatest band of all time

I entered the t-shirt design contest they had a few months ago. I didn't win, but here was the design i submitted
I wonder where i got the idea ( see signature)

2656809211_afec168517.jpg

Thanks to Crassly for sending me a longer kickstand, so i can keep this thing upright with the new taller forks

2676350072_a41d4bf2d4.jpg

Also i am searching for an older banana seat in good condition. pretty open to colors, but i need to find one soon, so i can figure out how i am going to paint this thing.

got a few more parts together. I need to get moving if i am going to finish this thing on time. My plan is to try to recover the seat and repaint the whole bike. i have a lot of cleaning and sanding to do before I get to that though.... Pay no attention to the color of the seat. i have made one pic black and white to mask the color. i also added longer cranks and a cleaned up sprocket. Sorry again about the crappy cell phone pics, but it is to convenient to just e-mail them to flicker from my phone.

2700531248_2c57a06d3b.jpg

2699671535_eb7d443372.jpg

Re: Mr. Mastodon *Update* 7-24-08

Banana seat and "Giant bars", my favorites!...........(I'm doing the SAME thing).........Looks better on a mens' frame! :wink:

That banana seat looks much better. And you can't go wrong with a typhoon. Looks good.

I wasn't really feeling the apes. I'm going to try this out and see how i like it. I also put the original forks back on.

2746077406_5f61293496_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back