MotoDromo Cycles Coors #9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again,

Here is another build I just finished. This one is for a vintage nascar collector, so he wanted a bike to match his Bill Elliot Coors #9 Ford. I used the skyhawk GT2-A aluminum frame (awesome btw! and insanely light!!), the Pirate Cycles Kip Springer chain tensioner which also works better than I expected, and some uber sticky Resist Nomad tires rated to 80psi!! at 26x2.25. Hope you like it.
Cheers,
Jasper

motodromocycles-7.jpg

motodromocycles-9.jpg

motodromocycles-8.jpg

motodromocycles-10.jpg

motodromocycles-11.jpg

motodromocycles-12.jpg

alexg said:
wow- awesome paint job and I'm loving the kickstand!

Thanks alexg! I wasn't sure how the white on the engine cases would look, but im pretty happy with how it turned out. And im pretty sure the MSD sticker adds at least 2hp :lol: center kickstands rule.

I was in the grandstand to see Bill win the Daytona 500 in that Coors #9 (1985?). Daryl Waltrip wasn't running near the front that day but AJ Foyt stayed with him until running out of fuel with about 5 laps to go.
Later that year, I managed to find myself in the grandstand again to see Daryl edge Bill out at the World 600 in Charlotte. They battled closely all season.
We had road tripped from Milton, FL to see them.

wheelbender6 said:
I was in the grandstand to see Bill win the Daytona 500 in that Coors #9 (1985?). Daryl Waltrip wasn't running near the front that day but AJ Foyt stayed with him until running out of fuel with about 5 laps to go.
Later that year, I managed to find myself in the grandstand again to see Daryl edge Bill out at the World 600 in Charlotte. They battled closely all season.
We had road tripped from Milton, FL to see them.

That sounds awesome, racing roadtrips are the best... and camping at endurance races are like nothing else too. You cant sleep because of the screaming race cars flying around all night, so all you can do is drink and eat! I wish I was around (and alive) to see the golden age of nascar. I grew up in Europe so im more interested in old GP and LeMans cars. Here's a little teaser pic for ya of my friends garage where i'm building my bikes. 57 Indy car, Mazda Lola T616 Lemans winner, and yup a petty car. I wish I could afford those kind of toys instead of these bikes :mrgreen: ! maybe one day....

bikes-1.jpg

I wish I had found time to see the 12 hours of Sebring while I still lived in Florida. A lot of European teams compete in that one. The 24 hours of Daytona would have been fun, but is sanctioned by Grand American, so it has no teams from across the pond in the prototype class.
There is a Moto GP event this month in Austin at the Circuit of the Americas, a few hours down the road from me. Hopefully I can go see some kamikaze motorcycle racing there.

wheelbender6 said:
I wish I had found time to see the 12 hours of Sebring while I still lived in Florida. A lot of European teams compete in that one. The 24 hours of Daytona would have been fun, but is sanctioned by Grand American, so it has no teams from across the pond in the prototype class.
There is a Moto GP event this month in Austin at the Circuit of the Americas, a few hours down the road from me. Hopefully I can go see some kamikaze motorcycle racing there.

Sebring is a great race, its extremely important for the euro teams as a kind of pre LeMans break-in, theres been great rivalries over the years and some awesome american race cars debuted there, like Duntov's beautiful Sebring Corvettes. But hands down some of my favorite cars and races were the IMSA GTO and GTU cars. You can never go wrong with a massive pair of turbos and 80 pounds of boost.
As for the MotoGP race DO IT! I went to the MotoGP race at laguna seca last year and it was absolutely epic. It was like a pilgramige for motorcycles. There must have been thousands of motorcycles and the whole camping area was full of bikes and tents. Some dudes even brought a small stage and played a sweet little rock show out of the side of their van!! Everyone was of course drinking all nights. I must have gotten maybe three hours of sleep before the 125 bikes started warming up on track. I imagine the new Circuit of the Americas will have even better live music all night as well. Its Austin!

I haven't ridden a motorcycle in decades, but Speed channel got me hooked on Moto GP. My kids are grown now, so maybe it is time to get a motorcycle again.

wheelbender6 said:
I haven't ridden a motorcycle in decades, but Speed channel got me hooked on Moto GP. My kids are grown now, so maybe it is time to get a motorcycle again.

Speed channel does have some great coverage. Ive been looking for a good deal on a CB550 to turn into a cafe racer. You can only ride so many motorized bikes before you want the real thing again... :wink:

Latest posts

Back