More NOS frames from the dump.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a few to realize it's a recumbent. The BB looks low though?
I looked at bunches of pics of long wheelbase recumbents. They all have about the same geometry. I'll try out a fork and put a 24" wheel on to see how high the BB is. I think most use a 20" front wheel with a larger rear wheel. And a lot of chain.
1599518444771.png

I had a Bike E several years ago but it always felt twitchy and balancing was always difficult even though the seat was great. I couldn't turn to look for traffic either.

Same design. Camera angle makes the BB appear low.
View attachment 137965
That's it! I tried a 26" fork with a 24" wheel up front, the cranks would contact the wheel. So a 20" with those forks would work. The rear is crimped for a 26" wheel, so it's the same setup as the red bike in your post.
DSCI0020.JPG

Closeup of the fancy lugs.
DSCI0024.JPG

Looks very very the way you have it with that large wheel:cool2: I'd probably attempt to make it a more conventional rider. All sorts of goodness out there! I'm wondering how many of the frames are made in country.

That lugged canti frame is an awesome find. :cool2:
I mounted the wheels and everything off my other bike but couldn't get a good chain line. The frame doesn't look bent so I'll have to check it out further. Another set of wheels are needed! There's one more place to look for frames and parts. There was an old guy with a small booth near the barbershop that had some oddball parts and frames. I asked him to find me a cruiser frame. The next time I stopped in for a haircut he was holding this up and waving to me. 400 pesos (9 bucks) and I had a good frame already painted. This was in 2014. I sold it when I moved away and can't find it now that I'm back. Nothing now with a one piece BB.
13220623_10154186585051737_4201409197591266539_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back