Mooneyes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those beach bars...

???

!!!

1461664150.jpg

:thumbsup:

Anybody have any idea on a paint code for the yellow so I can find some touch up paint, black not much of a problem. Would just like to take care of the paint chips on the yellow part. My just end up taking fender to auto parts store and try and find a close match in the scratch repair pens.

One of the pedals is just dirty. The other is bent going to try a fix once I get a real chance to work at it. Think once I get it apart it can be fixed. If not will start looking for the correct pedals to replace with. Would like to keep as OE as I can.

you don't need to replace the pedals. you can just remove the dyno stamped cages. there are pedals (cheap) that you can switch out with. i had a set of nice chrome cages but scuffed plastic blocks. bought a 9/16 pedal set and used my cages on them. looked like nos 9/16 dyno pedals.

When attempting to repair the one bent pedal, was able to bend the tabs and remove the blocks no problem. When putting back together one of the tabs broke off while I was bending it back. Will figure out someway to attach cage back on and be able to reuse pedal. Can imagine a replacement would be hard to find. Thanks for the advise though. Love this site for all the great people willing to help.

Anybody have any idea on a paint code for the yellow so I can find some touch up paint, black not much of a problem. Would just like to take care of the paint chips on the yellow part. My just end up taking fender to auto parts store and try and find a close match in the scratch repair pens.
dyno didn't keep records on their bikes. dyno was sold twice, and no records exist any more. they only stamped a year code in the ones made by GT. after GT was bought out in 97 they went with different manufacturers and after 1997 you wont ever really know what year it is. the mooneyes was from 1999/2000-2003/2004. only a 5 year max that they made that model. any stock black dyno seat with Dyno in white letters on the back will work as a stock replacement. that yellow i believe is only used on the mooneyes. every other yellow dyno is a different shade. in the early 2000s dyno sold touch up kits for their bikes. once in great while the touch up kits show up on ebay. there are a lot of dyno mooneyes out by me and they are all at a solid $500 a piece

When attempting to repair the one bent pedal, was able to bend the tabs and remove the blocks no problem. When putting back together one of the tabs broke off while I was bending it back. Will figure out someway to attach cage back on and be able to reuse pedal. Can imagine a replacement would be hard to find. Thanks for the advise though. Love this site for all the great people willing to help.
finding a good replacement set of pedals is hard. either you buy a nice girls dyno and rob the parts or know a dyno hoarder.

at this point they haven't made a dyno in nearly 16 years. i have collected dynos for many years and tell you they only get harder and more expensive to find.

some advice on that bike is find a set of dyno motoglide bars, or a copy of them for it. looks good with them on there and you will never get your handlebars caught on your knee during a turn. i had 4 different dyno glides(same frame as yours) with those moon bars. every one of them gave me a problem. and i'm not tall at all.

Got a set of apes coming in later this week, just really don't like the looks of the moonbars. will be using the grips though once they have been cleaned up a bit. smooth out some of the scuffs on edges. Maybe a liitle paint fill.

Update the tires finally came in installed with new apes, new grease, and a seat off of a moto glide I purchased this afternoon. Took for a short ride around neighborhood love the ride. Very happy with the bike still need to re-rivet front fender it is very loose and finish touchups on chainguard. Think this gets to stay for a long while. Yes for those who remember the condition of the right side pedal was able to tack weld it back together without causing any damage to rubber part. Should be good for a long while.
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Where are the serial number located
Look under the bottom bracket, off to one side of the old-style kickstand bracket. Might be something like MT901 01234. The 3rd character (first number) may indicate the year, e.g., 9 = 1999; 0 = 2000. The next two numbers may indicate the month, e.g., 01 = Jan. Also, Dyno stamped handlebars often have a year and month underneath the left hand grip, (such as 99.01 for Jan. 1999).

Latest posts

Back