Mooneyes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not sure if this qualifies as a fresh find for many of you but to me it is pretty cool. Just picked up today for what I think is a good price. Had a real bad banana seat on it which came off as soon as I got it home. Light surface rust which seemed to come off without too much effort. Just hit a few spots while looking bike over and tearing down for cleaning and greasing everything up. I dont know much about these bikes other than when you do see them up for sale they are not cheap and go quickly. Where are the serial number located to see if it old enough in the product life to have any real value. Plans are to find a replacement seat, possibly new tires and maybe even a switch of handlebars. Thanks for taking time to read and look at the pics. Most comments will be welcome except ones that say that I bought a hunk of junk. Kidding those would be welcome also.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

One of the pedals is just dirty. The other is bent going to try a fix once I get a real chance to work at it. Think once I get it apart it can be fixed. If not will start looking for the correct pedals to replace with. Would like to keep as OE as I can.

Man I'm hella jelly. The MOON was my favorite from the series. Throw some discs on there and a IGH and it'd be perfect IMO.

Discs can always come later, if at all. The bike is cool either way!

Discs can always come later, if at all. The bike is cool either way!
Thanks my friend, already got some new tires on the way will jump into full cleanup and regrease, some paint touchup are needed. Looking forward to giving this one a go never had a DYNO.

Welcome, OR......you could see if Nate at Deko Discs could make some yellow and black mooneyes wheel covers!

If you don't want to pay for the custom setup work, here is a disc that would look very cool in black and yellow to match your bike.
black_with_turquoise_pinstripes__2.jpg

I think that we still have the "ratrod" discount code.......

That exact thought went through my mind. Question could they do that without some copyright issues.
I'm sure that he could tell you pretty quickly, I had him make me some crazy Howdy Doody discs about a month ago, the design work was fantastic.

I have located the serial number on the frame, Hopefully someone can help determine date of manufacture for this bike. MT80610465 have read few things on these serial numbers no one seems to agree on how to break them down.

I have had a few of the correct seat for that bike. I seem to always get around 50-65 for them depending on condition. It's really not a special seat to the moon model. Nirve made a moon bike and that one had a moon specific seat. I'm pretty sure you just need a black dyno seat with the Dyno writing on the back of it. Great find. I have had one for a few years with the disc that is minty. Gets a amazing amount of looks with the disc.

Thanks for the info on the seat, pretty much what I have been looking for. Now can dial in the search more for just a Dyno seat. Think the disc will just be a dream to find and then afford. Hopefully by end of next week new tires will be here and the frame will be done with paint touchups, cleaned and polished. Have another set of ape hangers coming, just don't really like the bars on it. They will go on shelf for safe keeping though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the seat, pretty much what I have been looking for. Now can dial in the search more for just a Dyno seat. Think the disc will just be a dream to find and then afford. Hopefully by end of next week new tires will be here and the frame will be done with paint touchups, cleaned and polished. Have another set of ape hangers coming, just don't really like the bars on it. They will go on shelf for safe keeping though.
Those beach bars have the Dyno "D" on them. like you said... better hang on to them. Cool bike!

Latest posts

Back