Mooneyes Shop Bike (finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mooneyes Shop Bike

So, I am the artist that striped Ruby's Bike and will stripe this one also. I find Huffdaddy's work a real pleasure to come behind and decorate. He really does nice work. Look close at the detail on these builds folks - first class all the way.
Meanwhile, I am waiting for parts to come to my place to get out the one shot and get going on the stripes and stuff to make this a finished piece... This will be fun!
Get a look at the posts that link to the photobucket page - all the pics are there of this on and Ruby's bike too...

Here's a update.
The wood tank is now covered w/ the gold metal flake vinyl stuff.

I painted everything today.

I figured out the speedo today too.

Thinkin' about putting a sucide knob on the handlebars just for fun.

Trying to make a mooneyes shift knob work.

The seat, the tank, the speedometer, etc. all look awesome. Looking forward to seeing it all come together! :D

Say what!!! :shock: GOLD METAL FLAKE VINYL TANK!!! Seriously!!! Dude, there are some cool ideas in that noggin of yours!
That is just sick!!!

Dropped the frame, forks for the springer front end, pan for the bottom of the seat, rear fender, fender bracket and the clear cover for the speedo off at my pin-striper friend Bob's home after work today!

I think I'll be able to finish just in time tomorrow. I picked everything up from Bob the pin-striper this morning.

He did a great job.

I like the way the suiside knob and spocket turned out.

I sand blasted the center section and sprayed it with matt clear coat

I put the seat together first.

Front fork is on.

Decided not to put any paint on the head badge.

Front wheel's on too!

The upholsteried tank halfs fit nice and tight.

It might be a long day tomorrow.

The Renaissance Man said:
Lookin' good!
Are the tank halves permanently glue together?
No, I just clamped them together to pull them in, tight together. There will be two or three stainless steel wood screws in the bottom, between the straight bars, to hold them together.

HuffDaddy said:
The Renaissance Man said:
Lookin' good!
Are the tank halves permanently glue together?
No, I just clamped them together to pull them in, tight together. There will be two or three stainless steel wood screws in the bottom, between the straight bars, to hold them together.

I finished my Mooneyes bike this afternoon, yeah! Here's some photos I took during the assembly.

Time to take it home, clean it up a little and ride it into town for my final photos.

Re: Mooneyes Shop Bike (finish)

ooo that thing is cool.

Latest posts

Back