Mooneyes Shop Bike (finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Dyna/GT Mooneyes Cruiser that's like new and a Lil Indian minibike that I painted to match. I'm into traditional Hot Rods and anything Mooneyes. So my theme will be to build a bike with traditional Hot Rodding in mind and have a Mooneyes look to it. I want to try to stick to using parts I already have, that I've collected over the last several years. I'll probably be using a 26" men's Schwinn frame. I'll have some pictures to post as soon as I can dig them out of the garage. I'm really looking forward to getting started.

Re: Mooneyes Pit Bike

Smoopy has some mooneyes stickers for sale right now.

Re: Mooneyes Shop Bike

Yep, there will be some yellow. Here's the frame I going to use for my build. This frame has a pretty decent black paint finish on it, but I'll be changing it.

I need to find some fenders that will work w/ this Swchinn Straight Bar.

And here's the wheels and tires I going to use.

I got the wheels from someone on here. I really like the way white walls look with black rims.

Still working on what some of the other components will be.

Can I inspire you? A buddy of mine had these hand painted on my truck while I was away from it at a car show last month. I love me some moon eyes!

Here's my Mooneyes truck.

The only thing that's Mooneyes is the license plate, but it will soon have a cool mooneyes shop bike in the back.

Here the chain guard I'm going to use. I picked it up from someone here.

It lends itself to putting a mooneyes sticker in the circle area.

That is a sweet frame! Love those twin tubes.
Great guard too.

Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out the rest of the components, starting with stuff I already have. I'd like to make my own horn tank type panels out of sheet metal and create a springer front end using a mountain bike shock. We'll see. I started stripping the chain guard at lunch today. Way more layers of paint than I thought.

Here's some ideas for a tank I want to make for my bike. I think I like no. 2 & 4. Once I get started, it will probably change.

There might be two different thicknesses, above the straight bars & below.

I want to put a springer fork on it.

It will probably be made of some of these parts. I didn't want to use a traditional Schwinn springer fork.

Latest posts

Back