MONSON MA Time Again Brrrrrr

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Time again for THE Monson Show, maybe it will be winter by then, I do have a snowbike I could bring.

I copied and pasted this from the CABE website, for more info and a pic of the flier click here:
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread ... -Bike-Show

15th Annual Monson Mass Bike Show

It’s back for the 15th year!

Sunday, March 25th, 2012
6:00 am - 3:00 pm
Memorial Hall...Main St. downtown Monson Massachusetts

Contact...Jim Huntington @ 413-893-9268

As many of you know, Monson Massachusetts was hit by a devastating tornado last year and the Memorial Hall was in the direct path of the twister. Although sustaining some damage, the old building has been repaired and the Bicycle Show will be held there again this year. The tornado missed Jim Huntington’s house by a few hundred yards and escaped with only a few branches through the roof. Jim and his wife were able to ride it out in the basement and I am glad to say escaped all injury.

I hope all in the area will support this yearly local meet.

See you there
MrColumbia

VintageColumbiaBikes.com

Sweet, I'll be there! :D I have to pick up some parts for my Columbia :wink: Looking forward to seeing everyone! :D

If anyone is wondering, the Young American will be there for test rides :mrgreen:

highship said:
I'm in.
Any one want some boxs of spokes Free pick up at the show. ( More Dan? ) :lol:

I have enough for now, thanks. :p

I will always have a special place in my heart for Monson. That is the place where I think I finally snapped and started gathering up way too many parts. Somebody has the photo of my trying to load all the stuff in my truck that year. The next year, I went the other direction and sold most of my stuff. Now I just go for coffee, hanging out with RRB members, and making sure I see what Yeshoney buys.

I just added it to my calendar! No baseball yet either so I should be good to go!

Joe

8) Looking forward to this event and being with you guys again for the day!

yeshoney said:
I just added it to my calendar! No baseball yet either so I should be good to go!

Joe

You know what? I have baseball with Boy every Sunday for quite awhile now.

I should bring the D&S award and pass it on to another biker/builder,
after I bolt some other part to it.Who shall be Worthy ?

Rain or snow, cold or sun, I'll see you all there!

Here's a couple pics to remember the place by:

3monson0902.jpg

3monson0905.jpg

3monson0907.jpg

3monson0921.jpg

It won't be quite the same as the last time we saw it, but it takes more than a tornado to wipe those ol' yankees off the map.

--Rob

KZ1000 said:
Time again for THE Monson Show, maybe it will be winter by then, I do have a snowbike I could bring.

I copied and pasted this from the CABE website, for more info and a pic of the flier click here:
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread ... -Bike-Show

15th Annual Monson Mass Bike Show

It’s back for the 15th year!

Sunday, March 25th, 2012
6:00 am - 3:00 pm
Memorial Hall...Main St. downtown Monson Massachusetts

Contact...Jim Huntington @ 413-893-9268

As many of you know, Monson Massachusetts was hit by a devastating tornado last year and the Memorial Hall was in the direct path of the twister. Although sustaining some damage, the old building has been repaired and the Bicycle Show will be held there again this year. The tornado missed Jim Huntington’s house by a few hundred yards and escaped with only a few branches through the roof. Jim and his wife were able to ride it out in the basement and I am glad to say escaped all injury.

I hope all in the area will support this yearly local meet.

See you there
MrColumbia

VintageColumbiaBikes.com

I should be good to go! Shall we make the voyage together Rick?

We'll try to be there too!

I am still trying to find a home for my triple.

I would be happy to deliver this bike to Monson if anyone is interested:

lfisher160 said:
163191_10150097607714085_569014084_7353165_5900570_n.jpg

FOR SALE: 20" Radical Custom Triple Steering Western Flyer Triplet/Tandem

PRICE: NEGOTIABLE - WILL CONSIDER TRADES

CONTACT INFO: Larry Fisher - Call me at (401)253-5335 or EMail me at [email protected]

I WILL HELP DELIVER THE BIKE IN THE NORTHEAST AND WILL WORK WITH A BUYER TO MAKE SURE IT SHIPS CAREFULLY IF NEEDED.

THIS IS A %^ #%^ FREAKING RADICAL PIECE OF KUSTOM ENGINEERING!

TERRORIZE THE LOCAL BIKE PATH! - A UNIQUE WAY TO TAKE THE FAMILY RIDING!

For those of you who know this bike - Need I say more?

For those who have not seen it before. To see more pictures - Go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11487454@N ... 319448755/

This bike has so many custom features, it is hard to list them all:

- Handbuilt 20" frame constructed from three Western Flyer bicycles. Trick Floating Truss design - Three of us 6' tall adults have ridden this thing with no problem (That wasn't easy considering the beverages consumed prior to trying to ride it).

- Handbuilt Board Tracker Forks - Doubled wall tubing and truss so you can invite your fattest friends to ride with you...

- Handbuilt TRIPLE STEERING - No Friends? - No Problem just steer from the rear (If you're into that sort of thing).

- Handbuilt front caliper brake controls from ALL THREE SEATS - Lets you and your friends all panic stop together.... Coaster brake too!

- Custom Fabricated and Chromed Dual Chainwheels and Cranksets. Custom Chain Tensioners.

- Cherry Red paint with white and blue pearl - Finished off with tons of Hand Painted Hot Rod pinstriping.

- Customized Alloy Wheels with nice fat whitewalls

- Custom Fenders, Custom Seats, Custom Wideset Handlebars (gotta have room for the knees).

- Yes, even the kickstand is custom....

- Red, White, and Blue Glitter Grips, Streamers, and Bells. Custom Flag Holder up front to show your colors!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: This bike is NINE FEET LONG. It is a 20" BIKE - Look at the pictures, this is not a 26" Schwinn Tandem. I wasn't kidding, I will deliver the bike or at least help you out most anywhere in Southern New England. The bike is in perfect shape, just as I built it. This bike is not a toy - It takes some getting used to and, although it can be ridden by kids, they should be supervised as it is LONG and does not steer like a NORMAL bike.

Call or Write today - Still time to Impress your Friends and Loved Ones with Nine Feet of Snaking Tubing, Glittering Chrome, and Shiny Whitewalls for the New Year

Latest posts

Back