MONSON MA Bike Swap Meet PICTURES ADDED 3/27

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highship said:
Sweet, just my style. Nothing beats beers and bikes. I know Northampton like the back of my hand, cool places to ride, excellent food, great beer, and good sights. What's the burger joint you speek of? Fitzwillys maybe or Packards? Did you guys check out the brewery?
I forget the name, it's at the corner of Pearl and Main (across from Fitzwilly's).

subadrew said:
Thanks. any chance you can tell if the crank and sprocket will clean up?

Is the fender straight, no dings, just surface rust?

the threads on the crank arm, non drive side, were totally gone, probably got ridden loose. there was no chrome left. The seller is from up in my neck of the woods. I can reach out to him if you want.

Making plans with Danimal to consumate a bike trade. This will only take place in NorthHampton as the location is part of the "trade". This will of course necessitate a ride. I anticipate that this will take place sooner (April??) rather than later. I will post a new thread as soon as I know so everyone can plan. And if you can't make it on that date, we will plan another NH ride for the warmer months.

joe

That's right, it POURED on us that night! And I had a blowout on my Stingray rear tire. Jim saved my butt with a back-up bike. Awesome college town! Memories...

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the "Tunnel Bar" un-freakin-believably cool place to have a couple of drinks!

Can't wait to go back!

joe

Walker said:
Brian's spring bike was a blast to ride!

A NH ride would be great, any ideas on location? Portsmouth has nice bike trails and the beach.

NH = North Hampton, although a New Hampshire ride will be good too, Just stay away from those mountains

I think you cats are talking about Local Burger in Northampton? I am just down rt9 in Belchertown. Sounds like a fun ride!

I was at Monson, I got there 10ish and it was just about done already! I missed so much of what is in the photos.

The one bike I wheeled home was that Mongoose Electric BMX bike. Talk about a spontaneous decision! Not sure what I was thinking except it had a 20" disk brake on it and some useable parts for other builds, like the swingarm. But now I am wondering if I should build it as a cafe/streetfighter-mtorcycle style bicycle.

ya we ate at Local Burger that night. Best burgers I've ever had. And Brian ran across the street to get beers at a Packy, and was completely drenched just from running across the street. I mean drenched.

HEY its the drenched beer getter....I'm all in for another north hampton ride!! Actually any all day ride ending with beverages I do believe I would like to participate. The springer is ready for another trip...boing boing boing........

I might have been mistaken guys, I thought this is exactly what I was looking for but I didn't realize we had to END with beveages :D
So who's organizing this anyway?
stickit said:
HEY its the drenched beer getter....I'm all in for another north hampton ride!! Actually any all day ride ending with beverages I do believe I would like to participate. The springer is ready for another trip...boing boing boing........

Sorry for the confusion Walker - didn't want you to get too excited. NH is North Hampton. In reality it is the best go between spot for all us NE Rat Rod Bikers (Thats New England err is it North East!?)

In any case, let me get through this weekend and I will update the SPring calendar and throw out a date. Please understand that in order to make the trade with Dan, that date will have to be worked out first and then you'all can decide if you can join in the fun! It is a thankless job trying to put out a date all can attend, but be patient and hopefully we can put at least 3 rides in North Hampton together. Spring, Summer and a Fall ride would be Awesome!

An yes, impromptu Swap and loitering with beers in hand will be the after hours festivities.

Joe

Walker said:
NH; New Hampshire or NH, North Hampton, whatever, I'm in.

Latest posts

Back