MONSON MA Bike Swap Meet PICTURES ADDED 3/27

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we had known it was your birthday we would have baked a cake :D or at least got a donut with frosting and a bunch of candles. Lets see if we cut it up so everyone could have a piece that would be :roll: ...........Happy B-Day Bri

Graylock

AMEn to that!

I would have brought a TEXAS sized cruller!

or maybe a bike built for 15~ LOL :shock:

Joe

Yea Bri Ri, had I known it was your birthday I would have brought you a bike of your choice as a gift. Oh Well. Happy Birthday

Bri, wish ya would've said something!...The Elgin Bluebird was only $4500.....ANYTHING for a fellow RatRodder. To late NOW! :roll:

Thanks guys. My birthday was actually Thursday but the family decided yesterday was a good day to have a party. Good day for them, me not so much!

I found out late on Friday that my mother-in-law was taking us all out to brunch Sunday for my father-in-law's 74th b'day. the meal was awesome. Looks like you guys were a bit chilly but enjoyed yourselves anyway.

Joe: Games already?!?!?! :shock: Boy starts practice today, opening day in a couple of weeks.

Nick: Don't show fear to Larry's bikes, they'll sense it and turn on you. :wink: :lol:

Heres' my photo set for Monson 2011, probably somre repeats but here you go. Kind of a light showing this year unfortunately. the hall was only 3/4 full and the yard was more than 1/2 empty. Saw quite a few familiar faces, met some new folks and even took a spin around the block on my Rollfast. Greylock, thanks for the caffine and sugar fix. Looking forward to a Northhampton ride and....

Locked and loaded, HANG ON BOYS, 164 miles to go!
032511011.jpg

032511012.jpg

5:30AM Sunday, headed West on 90
079.jpg

The best spread at the show:
081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

Whizzers!
085.jpg

Muscle
087.jpg

086.jpg

Nice decked out Rollfast
091.jpg

092.jpg

The bird
089.jpg

090.jpg

I know these guys
094.jpg

Entering the Hall
098.jpg

So dark in there unfortunately
124.jpg

125.jpg

Nice Hawthorne on center stage
123.jpg

127.jpg

36 (I think) Mercury in original paint
131.jpg

Another sweet Rollfast
130.jpg

Bikes and stuff

122.jpg

Iver
121.jpg

120.jpg

112.jpg

Nice 24" Colson looptail, great score B.R.
108.jpg

Neat stem, note the ovalized bar clamp
111.jpg

Pedal
106.jpg

stuff
119.jpg

Batties
105.jpg

104.jpg

pile o neat stuff
088.jpg

Neat cranks but the threads were shot
126.jpg

Customs
109.jpg

117.jpg

Way to go Stevil, for his correct interpretation of D&S: recipient of the 2011 Doughnut & Squirrel Champion desk lamp trophy
132.jpg

x

Great pics Walker!

Thanks for documenting the morning.

You and Dan and Brian all saw the bike you tried to buy and described it, but no pictures of it????

You guys kill me!

Joe

I wish I'd taken indoor photos a later on when it got a little brighter in there, and I meant to get a Whizzer video too.

Sorry Joe, I didn't want to appear too interrested 8) . Upon further inspection of your bike this one did not have the lower top tube like yours.

BTW Did anyone get contact info for the guy wtih the bluebird?

Thanks Walker! I feel like an idiot....I wanted to buy some scooters. I didn't see any, until I looked at your pics. Here's the idiot part, I looked at the Murray frame with the tripletrees, bad welds on head tube so I kept moving....LOOK where the scooters were!
OUCH! Just slapped myself in the back of my head.

I dont know what the deal was with that pile. never saw anybody near it and I stood over there a couple of times wondering how many minutes of enjoyment could my kids have with those scooters before they broke them. I wonder if it was someone's stash from earlier on? I'll keep my eyes open up here in the north country for ya. Looking for that style in particular?

My lucky score was when I was out front and I tell Dan I need a dropstand for my Rollfast and haven't seen any. He says, there's a guy up on the stage with one for $20.00. I go in there and when I'm 5 ft away another guy grabs the stand :shock: . I say "that's what you call missing it by 5 seconds". the other guy says "were you needing this?" and a minuite later hands it over.. :D Cool.

Walker said:
Heres' my photo set for Monson 2011, probably somre repeats but here you go. Kind of a light showing this year unfortunately. the hall was only 3/4 full and the yard was more than 1/2 empty. Saw quite a few familiar faces, met some new folks and even took a spin around the block on my Rollfast. Greylock, thanks for the caffine and sugar fix. Looking forward to a Northhampton ride and....?

Is the ride in Northampton open to members? Right here in my back yard and I love to ride and... too.

Walker said:
I dont know what the deal was with that pile. never saw anybody near it and I stood over there a couple of times wondering how many minutes of enjoyment could my kids have with those scooters before they broke them. I wonder if it was someone's stash from earlier on?

that stash was the guy who was set up inside with that orange custom, wish I grabed the JC Higgins I waited to long and someone else grabed it

Highship, any rides you see posted on here are open to all who want to ride, you just have to be careful, a couple get a little weavy after a few drinks. Fun Rides

KZ1000 said:
Highship, any rides you see posted on here are open to all who want to ride, you just have to be careful, a couple get a little weavy after a few drinks. Fun Rides

Group rides rock! You never know what might happen...I might crash into you if you stop too fast (just ask Joe). But yeah, we gotta do Northampton this year. That burger place was the best ever!

Sweet, just my style. Nothing beats beers and bikes. I know Northampton like the back of my hand, cool places to ride, excellent food, great beer, and good sights. What's the burger joint you speek of? Fitzwillys maybe or Packards? Did you guys check out the brewery?

Only 1 hour and 53 minutes for me from RI to Northampton Brewery. Count me in! And Id love to get some of you guys down here to do the Eastbay bike path. Nice relaxing ride right on the water with good seafood and beer too.

Latest posts

Back