MONSON MA Bike Swap Meet PICTURES ADDED 3/27

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MONSON MA Bike Swap Meet MARCH 27th

KZ1000 said:
Bri-in-RI said:
Flyer only says Main st Downtown. Im sure I'll find it...I'll just look for all the old guys on bikes :lol:

IF you would have scrolled down another 2" you would have found the back of the flier with 30HIGH ST. MONSON
I did but I thought that was Jims mailing address since it was a different street name...my bad. Thanks for the help and I'll see ya in the morning to grab that Springer.
-Brian

OOPS your right Brian, Show is in the middle of town on MAIN St. small town, can't miss it. Just punch in 100 Main St. It will bring you close

All Packed and Ready, Now I'm off to a pig roast for my marine son who is back from Afganistan. See ya tomorrow

TanksMonson009.jpg

TanksMonson008.jpg

TanksMonson007.jpg

Sounds like everyone is ready for the prom ......... again. It is true that old men on bikes is what you aim for. I think that's what you punch into your GPS. I'm hunkered down at the Hampton in Sturbridge, I've got my Krylon at Walmarts, eaten at Enrico's, got beered at the Pioneer Brewery, and now wondering what Rat Rod Bike T-shirt I'll wear tomorrow. I think I'l sleep in it and keep it simple. Yeah keep it simple.
I brought a swingbike to go squirrel hunting with and a Schwinn crank for Nick.

Graylock

Well, here's my pics of the day :wink: I rode KOTA's RU Slammed about a foot and got scared :lol: Had a great time and got two things :) Thanks Graylock and Bri-in-RI :mrgreen: I rode Stevil's West Coast Chopper which was awesome :!: I forgot to ask you KOTA if you wanted to ride my bike :!: Sorry about that :oops: Nice seeing you all :D Remember to post your pics :mrgreen:
From left to right: Graylock,Stevil,Me,KOTA :D
094.jpg

Graylock on his swing bike :mrgreen:
096.jpg

095.jpg

Nice to see everyone. Thanks for the coffee Graylock.. I would've taken more pics, but I couldn't stop shivering, It was COLD. Nick was a "little" nervous about riding a bike with negative trail. Stevil's Dyno (speed) Roadster was absolutely gorgeous, the long sissy bar "custom" rear rack, balanced the look of the bike perfectly.....Then we have Graylock, the ONE man parade. The part you don't see is that there were cars coming behind me, notice behind him. He was letting the residents of Monson know: We're in town, STAY outa our way!

002-41.jpg

001-50.jpg

004-18.jpg

Great meeting everyone today. I wish I went home with a bike but it wasnt in the cards. But having Stevils sweet Purple Roadster in front of me did inspire me...pics should be up tomorrow 8)

Here are some pics taken by my son Z-MAN, I had a great show, Sold lots, came home quite a bit lighter. Overall the vendor turnout was down quite a bit from previous years.
Monson2011021.jpg

Monson2011027.jpg

Monson2011026.jpg

Monson2011025.jpg

Monson2011024.jpg

Monson2011023.jpg

Monson2011022.jpg

Monson2011020.jpg

Monson2011019.jpg

Monson2011018.jpg

Monson2011017.jpg

Monson2011016.jpg

Monson2011015.jpg

Monson2011014.jpg

Monson2011013.jpg

Monson2011012.jpg

Monson2011011.jpg

Monson2011010.jpg

Monson2011009.jpg

Monson2011008.jpg

Monson2011007.jpg

Monson2011006.jpg

Monson2011005.jpg

Monson2011004.jpg

Great turnout of Rats and enough bikes and parts to keep it interestin.
Thanks for the nice remarks on my Dyno fellas,much appreciated!
Great pics guys,quick work. Thanks for the rides on the exercise bike ,Greylock.
Walker, thanks for the D&S award,I'll hold it dear to my heart.
...What's next!!?? Wish you all a great biking season....Stevil

Glad someone took some real pics of the swap :lol: What was the D&S award, I never met Walker :?
Here's 2 more :wink:
100.jpg

Notice the stem and handlebars are one piece on this 1892 Columbia :shock:
101.jpg

Nice to see the old gang again, and meet a few new guys! Thank for the coffee too Graylock.

Somehow, amazingly enough, I did not buy a single thing. I came close to picking up a few part and a bike just to flip, but decided against it. Maybe next year.

Your welcome to the coffee, it was a DD coffee card I got as a tip from one of my customers at work and we were one coffee shy of burning it up 8) .

Z-Boy nailed it with the pictures, nice job. I spent to much of my time talking and causeing traffic slow downs with my one man parade or was it a one man Critical Mass :roll: .

There was quite a few RRB members at Monson and we had more fun than the rest of the crowd without a doubt. Nice to see everyone I knew and ones I hadn't met. Everyone posted nice pictures and aced out what few good pics I had so I will fill in the best I can with what I got.

Schwinnray69 on the RU Slammed I can fix that for you KOTA. Walker with his coffee in the background with Bankerats backside
2011Monson-04.jpg

Stevil with his D&S award, nice.
2011Monson-05.jpg

Stevil brought the two bikes in the back, I need to get my Alley Cat Shadow to ride like his Dyno, and you just couldn't pass up that little chopper now could you Steve.
2011Monson-01.jpg

The only good pictures I got is of this guys bike inside the vestibule where Schwinnray69 took pictures next to me. This bike had highway pegs to rest your feet on the downhills so the fixie cranks could have at it on their own. The frame flexes while you ride to absorb the road shock as did the leather sling type saddle. The massive brake lever transfered power to the rear scrub brake through an array of rods and bell cranks. Not bad for a 120 year old bike.
2011Monson-02.jpg

2011Monson-06.jpg

2011Monson-08.jpg

2011Monson-07.jpg

A good day.
Graylock

Stevil said:
Great turnout of Rats and enough bikes and parts to keep it interestin.
Thanks for the nice remarks on my Dyno fellas,much appreciated!
Great pics guys,quick work. Thanks for the rides on the exercise bike ,Greylock.
Walker, thanks for the D&S award,I'll hold it dear to my heart.
...What's next!!?? Wish you all a great biking season....Stevil

I stop in Dudley on the way home today to pick up a few things from Mike and he said his next swap will be May 21st and will be an outdoor event and can be moved indoors to the lower level in case of rain. Should be much easier to set up at than the ones held upstairs. I also got to see Mikes basement where he keeps all his parts- :shock: :shock: :shock: . :!: Thousands of NOS and repo parts and the prices were very fair.

On a side note besides for a few small parts from Monson and Dudley I also came home with a new bike to obsess over...so I went and picked up this-
001.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration Stevil :D

So cool to see you RRB members all there having a good time.

That's one of two rewarding aspects of starting the forum...seeing new friendships made.

The other is seeing Dad's build bikes with their kids. :wink:

Well I just got home. It has been an extremely long weekend for me, but well worth going the extra mile or two or was it about 150! 2 games in RI on Sat 100 miles there, 100 home. Get up at 5 AM drive 63 more to Monson and then 83 more back to RI where my sons team won the tournament! Them 100 miles home. Took the team out to Hooters afterwards. Everyone had a great time.

Thanks to Greylock for the coffee!! and Jelly stick too!

It was very nice to see and talk to everyone. Banker Rat picked up a very cool bike, Early 50's Colson 24" tank bike. I tried for it but he wouldn't go down to what i had left for $$. Bought Bri in RI Elgin and turned around and made someone day by selling them the wheels!

Picked up the SS fenders from Dan and a set of patina'd Red stripe drop step wheels from Walker! Good to chat with everyone! Hopefully we can put a ride together soon when it isn't 19 degrees out!

Joe

Sounds like my day. Left the house at 5:30am and drove 75 miles north west. Froze! Drove 89 miles home to swing by Dudley on the way. Had my birthday dinner and cake. Left my own party early to take a 110 mile trip south east of me to pick up the Roadster and may get a Kustom Kruiser off the guy as well. Spent half the ride home on the phone trying to swing a deal for a Higgins and checking CL while driving. Did I mention that I did this on only 4 hours sleep?

Today was a good day.

Latest posts

Back