Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you need any special tools to remove the crank and or freewheel? I don't have an issue buying tools, infact i love buying them. With currently 3 boys (11m, 3, and 5), all going up a year by this summer, ill need bike tools for a bit.

A bit? I've been riding and working on bikes for 50 years now and I am still buying tools on a regular basis. I just bought a 54" chest style tool box for them as they are sitting around all over the place. Many are too big to fit my current bench top tool box and the drawers on that are overflowing. You'll learn that working on bikes takes many special tools. Figure your competent local bike shop easily has $20,000 in specialty tools. And every year some manufacturer has a 'better' idea that needs new tools.

Some tools aren't worth buying for the home mechanic, ie, bb taps. Cost $500-$1000 per set when you can pay your local bike shop or frame builder $20 to do that job.

"Every project is an excuse to buy new tools", anon.

Borrowing tools? Not even going there.

Rick

Loved this bike so much I got a hold of some Boa-g's from Luke and this is what I ended up with Still needs some fine tuning but rides like a dream and yes mine is a coaster brake :)
Cool to see someone playing with the Australian version of these at last!
It seems to be a combination of mostly Mongoose Beast but with the Dolomite front disc.
Looks like a lot of fun!

Luke.

From what I have been reading online.. The wheels from the Beast should work on the Dolomite.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cool to see someone playing with the Australian version of these at last!
It seems to be a combination of mostly Mongoose Beast but with the Dolomite front disc.
Looks like a lot of fun!

Luke.
Also tought I should reply on how my above bike ended up looking. Before:
12278728_940376102715318_1578396474265423170_n.jpg

After:
13230056_1040153016070959_2902264823370093696_n.jpg

Here's a link to the build thread for anyone thats interested: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lurch-kels-stretch-fatbike-build.96188/

Latest posts

Back