Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone know the gearing of the 3 speed, does it have a good ratio for hills? rode the beast prob 20 miles this weekend, im starting to like the single speed just in general but would be nice for a few extra gears

rlhender said:
I got mine together, ready to take it to the track and throw some mad whips on it...

Rick
video or it didn't happen!

i love the giant bmx concept. that is what it feels like to me too.

My green Beast was delivered today. Had the normal tight and dry bearings. Alot of small scratches (i'm repainting anyway). Rode around town for a little while. Got pulled over by a state trooper. Wanted to know where to get a Beast. HaHaHa. tried ouy my new rear rack. It's a bamboo cutting board I picked up before the bike was even ordered. Think i'll go with a Tiki theme.
m78YzzD.jpg

That looks like a little surfboard. You need to fab up a fin for it. I like the idea of a Chunki Tiki

I agree, that board looks good on there.

I have an idea that I may or may not ever get to. Using those brake bosses you can bolt to the forks, instead of the usual side contact pull brakes, they can be made to work like rod brakes on old english bikes. They would pull up on the rim instead of pushing on the side of the rim. There's enough rim area to contact a standard brake shoe and each side would be independent of each other, with a handlebar lever for each side. You would have 2 separate brakes on the front wheel. Now I just need to find where to get brake bosses I can bolt on.

Someone should build up one of these to look like an old Raliegh rod brake bike and take it on a Tweed ride. :shock:

i ordered the archer hub for the beast, anyone know how to correctly order the right size spokes to lace it up?

need to find a bracket that will work and look a lil better than what the avid brake handle is doing.

yoothgeye said:
I love the tires, are they lighter than the stock tires?

They are over a pound lighter than the stock ones.

Congrats on the 3 speed...that will be on my agenda for next year. Take a look at old road bikes with internal 3 speed hubs, you may be able to salvage something off one for your cable.

So I bought one of these for the BEACH where I live. But I just found this forum to discuss my purchase. Spent two hours reading this thread. :?

NOW: I have ordered the tires to start my conversion. Car theme. Lincoln or Cadillac. Chrome and comfort.

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
JBI-59672 TIRES SUNLT 26x3.5 BK/BK WIRE WH-STRIPE
2 $37.48 $74.96

Subtotal: $74.96
Tax: $5.83
Shipping Cost: $8.22
Grand Total: $89.01

Thanks A lot.

Latest posts

Back