Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ED-PV-

Man that turned out great! Great look!

Is the electric drive a kit, or something that you put together yourself. Got any links?

On a side note:

I got my fork on last night:

IMG_1619_zps726d16a7.jpg
I love those forks! Where/What are they?

Just a cut off wheel on a grinder. Go slow. The links are aluminum, the legs are steel.

Does anyone know the ERD of the Mongoose Beast rims? I measured at 549mm, but I just want to confirm with others.

Also, would it be a bad idea to lace up SRAM Automatix hub to this rim? (I am using that wheel/hub combo for a different frame, not the Beast). I already fitted the hub for the frame, just wondering of it is safe to lace that hub to that rim.

How did you do the long axel conversion to the electric motor?
Its a standard rear motor with a 7 speed freewheel 135 mm. I had to do some clever spacing with the torque arm and washers to space it right. And there are no threads coming out of the tightened axle. Its real close but will work the hard part is finding the bracket for the dusc caliper to fit on. It usually found with a chunese kit front motor.

Its a standard rear motor with a 7 speed freewheel 135 mm. I had to do some clever spacing with the torque arm and washers to space it right. And there are no threads coming out of the tightened axle. Its real close but will work the hard part is finding the bracket for the dusc caliper to fit on. It usually found with a chunese kit front motor.
I want to add a front motor to the bike in Post #567 But the axle between forks measures 144mm.

Plastidip works great on rubber. I had a buddy use it on some car tires to make them look like white walls. They looked really good, but the sun yellowed them really fast.

Latest posts

Back