Mongoose 29er bike parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know wallyworld bike are not great. But I have been practicing my welding on them, so with this package deal off of cl this bike only cost me $13 and some change. It need the hanger for the derailleur in the rear. I have extra derailleurs but this one is shaped to fit in the machined area. I have been unable to find parts. Anyone, out there bought one and have the # or website for parts? I thought it would be ok to ride around on with my daughter and wife, we do not do any off road riding.

any help appreciated

Did you try calling Pacific Cycle, the owner of Mongoose, customer service to see if they sell the original? From what I've read most parts for their bikes can be purchased direct from them.

I've read a little on this bike. It seems it uses Shimano gear, but I've not found out what specific model number derailer.

I did not know that they owned mongoose also. the rear derailleur is Shimano Tourney tx35. I went to the Shimano and others and they do not sale the hanger. I will look into the Pacific.
Thank you.

thanks all! I went to my local bike shop and they had one :D. They are a great group. Course, that part cost more than I spent on the bike itself :lol: .
I got it adjusted and it shift and rides good.

I have one of these and it's a nightmare. A big heavy aluminum 41.3 lb bike. It actually wouldn't be as bad if it didn't have that bmx style frame. I did have fun with it at th skate park and urban riding. I wanted to ditch it's progressive rate fork for a rigid. I wish 29ers would have a staandard triangle frame.

Disk brakes front and rear on a Mongoose!?! They are stepping up their game a bit in the right direction.

outskirtscustoms said:
Disk brakes front and rear on a Mongoose!?! They are stepping up their game a bit in the right direction.

Only thing new about that is they are doing it on some of their less expensive models. They have had disc front and back on their higher end bikes for quite a while.

I didn't know they did, I know they have had several that were front disk only. Really too bad their name has already been smeared with a Wal-mart junk image. Mongoose used to be a highly respected name in bikes.

Yes sadly their name has been tarnished because of their inexpensive department store bikes. That sort of thing usually happens to any brand whether it is bikes, clothes, or anything else that offers less expensive versions via big box stores. I personally am glad there are less expensive versions of things especially since in recent years I have slid way down in the income brackets. Sure the quality tends to not be as good but usually via some research and know how you can end up with a decent new item at a easier to live with price. That and when some of those department store items turn up used they can be next to nothing or free as many of us know.

Latest posts

Back