Mongoose 26" bmx ??? Pics added 6/12...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a line on a chrome 26" Mongoose BMX bike, pretty cheap. Problem is I'm out of my element when it comes to BMX stuff, I'm sort of under the illusion (or delusion) that being a 26" it might be worth something, it does have Araya double wall rims. I'm hoping somebody can enlighten me on the value of these and whether or not I should pounce on the thing, unfortunately I don't have pics at this time but will post a couple after it's here...
Thanks in advance!
Here's the pics;

Last edited:
If its an 80s Mongoose 26" jump all over it and run.
As the link above shows, the KOS Kruisers are simply $$$$ right now.

Everyone 35-45 that road bmx in the 80s is has jobs and money now and these are in high demand...

I'll have pics of it tomorrow, my concern was that I know they're currently making a 26" dirt jumper and it's pretty cheap (pricewise), so I wasn't sure if they made earlier 26" BMX bikes that would have been less desirable. I'd seen it a couple weeks ago so I'm a bit foggy on the details, pretty sure it's not a KOS Cruiser but I'll be able to confirm that tomorrow...
Thanks for the info!
So it is in fact a KOS Cruiser, so now 'm looking for a decent ball park price for the condition this is in (Well in the pics on the OP!)...
Thanks again!

Last edited:
750-1250 is average from what I've seen. A nos mint condition maybe up $2k. Nice score indeed.

And FYI Noone made an early 26" bmx that isn't worth a truckload today. 80s bmx cruisers are probably the highest gaining bikes in value today and should continue for the next 5 or so yrs IMO, us millenials are finally hitting career/kids/reliving childhood stage..

Latest posts

Back