Monark Silverking

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked this guy up a long time ago. Says Monark Silverking on the headbadge, but its not matching up with most other silverkings out there. It's NOT an aluminum silverking, which leads me to believe it's one of the later dept store monarks. The chainring looks like monark though. I know for a fact that its been repainted. and that the fenders and stem may not be original. There may have been a rack at one time. Has 24" tires and a dew departure rear coaster hub (that is toasted)

IMG_20110829_195832.jpg

Pretty sure it's exactly what it says it is. Dont have the SN right now, but can get it sometime this week. Im thinking early 50s?

VP

I found that same bike. 24 inch as well. When I removed the top layer of spray paint, the chain guard just said "super". Not sure of age but they seem kind of rare (rare as in not many, not rare as in valuable). Mine had truss rods on it though. If you want them I will sell them to you!

Latest posts

Back