monark "KRUSH" back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: monark "chicken coop special" update! -rims

rims012.jpg

rims011.jpg

rims003.jpg

3rd times the charm! ive got a set of 26 inch white walls sitting around, im going to put them on and take some muck up pictures.

Re: monark "chicken coop special" mock up and a good story

lastone001.jpg

dont like the seat or tires (tires arent whats going on so thats okay)
and heres my good story. i was out in my front yard taking this picture when i got to be a cowboy for a while. neighbors horse was in its front yard, thought it was tied up. then it went to our other neighbors yard. "oh ...., that thing is loose" then it started running "...." grab a lead and chase it. dude in random car "hop in! we'll get it" ride up next to it, open the door.horse breaks the window. "f@%? this!" get out of car. chase the horse to a yard with dogs, it gets scared. clip the lead on it, long ... walk home with stubborn horse. f?@$ you horse. running sucks

holy heck! it fixed my sailors mouth. i thought i cought them all.

last of of today.
on your way home, find a rusty, completely shot brake pad
last001.jpg

clean it up
last002.jpg

bolt it on
last004.jpg

and in five minuites, your bike sits afew inches lower, and is a tad bit longer.
last003.jpg

(you will have to drill a hole in the"bracket" to bolt it in a second place, just so it stays)

Keep up the good work.The lowering brake pad idea is cool.

that is exactly why bikes are better than horses! :mrgreen:

002-2.jpg

it sits loooooow

okay so maybe the tires are flat and the weeds are half a foot high :roll:

awesome idea with the brake pads! looks like brass knuckles.. paint job idea? :idea:

the_canuck said:
awesome idea with the brake pads! looks like brass knuckles.. paint job idea? :idea:
you sir, beat me to it! i was going to ask for some opinions on a paint job. ive been thinking either leait and clear coating the "patina", or burgendy and cream.
so please, i would love some input. also need some input on the new front forks. im not sure it theres to much gap on the top. it looks like it, but then i also know its the right size for the rime. so again, some opinions.
015-1.jpg

020.jpg
new forks added some chrome, i like that part.
016.jpg
What what?! forward rake on a bike?! unheard of! :mrgreen:
022.jpg
and the sun was setting.

l update. got the headlight on today (the old flashlight in the first few pics) got "converted" to led and it strapped to the side of the main rail. liking the way it looks. ill post pics tommorow. also made a little holder for the liscense plate.

030.jpg
my headlight
029.jpg

028.jpg

027-1.jpg
mentioned liscense plate
024.jpg
tried these on for size. like the stance, but the looks are . . .ehh . .. ill paint them white tommorow and see it then, but they probably wont stay.

Interesting idea with the velcro, how heavy is the light? My only concern is that if you're riding this bike on any surface besides a glass-smooth piece of terrain (a rare surface in my experience), the vibration of bumps might knock it loose and damage it. Plus, it's rather embarassing to have to stop biking, and turn around to pick up parts of your machine (it's happened to me and man did I feel goofey, in front of a high school after final bell with lots of kids out and around none the less :oops: :oops: )

i honestly thought that the velcrow wouldnt hold. but what didnt hold was the adhesive. when it warmed up it just peeled off. (to:Strings_and_steam)

Re: monark "chicken coop special" mock up

Great buildup im 16 and not nearly as talented! i wouldnt try the velcro I'D tie flexable metal from the light to the frame and weld it in place. Is the brake pad going to stay in place? if it gets loose the wheels touching the frame which at some speeds will not be pleasent.

wolfy said:
Great buildup im 16 and not nearly as talented! i wouldnt try the velcro I'D tie flexable metal from the light to the frame and weld it in place. Is the brake pad going to stay in place? if it gets loose the wheels touching the frame which at some speeds will not be pleasent.
yeah, the brake pad stays inplace, there is a second bolt to hold it in place with no pivot, and after bolting it on, its just like tightening up a rear wheel. i have another brake pad that is shorter, and i bolted it on. rode it and it worked, but i didnt like how high it sits.

Ah I didnt origianally notice the second non pivoting bolt.

Latest posts

Back