Monark, I think?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falstaff....you are in central Ohio? I am in the Dayton area. Are you going to the Indy show next weekend?
No, I didn't know there was a show next weekend.

I'm actually saving up for some summer travels, but I'll go to Ann Arbor in April and to the Portland Indiana vintage motorbike show in July.

Cool, I'll have to find the correct one.
Its a tough one to find (and afford) You are looking for something like this...
mon5.jpg

I reached out to a Monark "Expert" and it seems Terry66 and I are both right. According to him the Monark badged bike would have had the separate rear bumper, cheese grater rack, shroud and pedestal light in 48. The Firestone bikes would have still had no bumper, the earlier rack, a headbadge and a double headlight. None of this really helps with pining down what your bike is.

I reached out to a Monark "Expert" and it seems Terry66 and I are both right. According to him the Monark badged bike would have had the separate rear bumper, cheese grater rack, shroud and pedestal light in 48. The Firestone bikes would have still had no bumper, the earlier rack, a headbadge and a double headlight. None of this really helps with pining down what your bike is.
You've helped to narrow it down though, and that counts for something to me.
Thanks.

Cool rear reflector ,I just happen to
Have one just like it on my Colson.
0817150930d.jpg

And buy the way thank you for sharing that story , my condolences for your lost friend....
~Rafael~

Thanks Rafael,
I'm gonna do my best to restore this, maybe not original colors as I'm not sure what they are.
Since everyone is sure it's a firestone, I'll have to try to find tank decals or a good image of them try to replicate them.

Will be a long process for me, but worth it in the end.

Very heart wrenching story & I think you are doing exactly what Dan would have wanted.

Great looking bike. If it were me I would repaint because there is to much original paint missing and it looks like someone already started on the paint removal. It's nice to have great friends and to give them things they can use. One person's trash is another one's treasure. Cheers!

Great looking bike. If it were me I would repaint because there is to much original paint missing and it looks like someone already started on the paint removal. It's nice to have great friends and to give them things they can use. One person's trash is another one's treasure. Cheers!
It'll definitely get new color, I don't know yet if it will be paint or powder. Been thinking about putting it together as is just so I can ride it.

Latest posts

Back