Momona Tiki

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get started on my Momona (Fat) Tiki. Changed out bars to noname bmx, old cruiser saddle (better ride than stock without cover), a little artwork on my cutting board, er um, rear rack. For paint going with bright orange and woodgrain finish on rims. Having a ball riding this bike.
momonatiki61113002_zps0cca64a1.jpg
momonatiki61113003_zps9f7937f9.jpg
momonatiki61113004_zps6237db97.jpg

dracothered said:
2CHAINZ said:
Don't go too hard on this thing. The crank shaft you will bend 1st!
2CHAINZ, what do you mean by the crank shaft (what part is that) will bend?
He means the part the pedals go into!

I always suggest for anyone who is going to "ride," as well as look at their bike, get 3 piece bmx cranks, they rock! Have to replece the pedals as the shaft size is bigger on 3 piecers. I get mine off Craigslist used, Profile, Sinz, Redline, GT, and more are all good names.
For no name stuff you can score new set ups with bottom brackets for less than $100.00!!!
While your at it get a smallish 36 tooth front sprocket, a 13 for the rear, and a really cool BMX chain, at least a chrome KMC.

mikeeebikey said:
dracothered said:
2CHAINZ said:
Don't go too hard on this thing. The crank shaft you will bend 1st!
2CHAINZ, what do you mean by the crank shaft (what part is that) will bend?
He means the part the pedals go into!

I always suggest for anyone who is going to "ride," as well as look at their bike, get 3 piece bmx cranks, they rock! Have to replece the pedals as the shaft size is bigger on 3 piecers. I get mine off Craigslist used, Profile, Sinz, Redline, GT, and more are all good names.
For no name stuff you can score new set ups with bottom brackets for less than $100.00!!!
While your at it get a smallish 36 tooth front sprocket, a 13 for the rear, and a really cool BMX chain, at least a chrome KMC.
I don't think you will need to worry about the crank shaft on these bending before you break the clutch assembly in the drive hub as it is the weakest part of the whole setup.

Back to the OP's build... looking KOOL.....

Latest posts

Back