Modern MOOSEGOOSE build. FRAME 2!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame two is most of the way there, final clean up and name plate still to happen:

IMG_20190422_155853984.jpg

Not sure I like the way this one looks as much, the geometry of the proper Moosegoose looks better... Be interesting to see how it rides in comparison.

TIG welding is going interesting, certainly getting more practice and producing some nice welds, but I really need to build a tube notcher to get the best out of it.

Where the fit up is neat and close I can do this:

IMG_20190422_160002120.jpg

IMG_20190422_173920071.jpg

If there are gaps or it is uneven this is the result:

IMG_20190422_160021859.jpg

Still, better than when I first started!

Took a risk on a repop pad set from Malaysia, quality is very good! Color is not as pink as I thought it would be, might actually end up putting the red tires on this bike to match...

padset.jpg

Need to find or make some wider bars though:

IMG_20190503_103538406.jpg

:21:

Thanks to the Repack Rider for these pics he posted on mtbr. Victor Vincente of America, and his creations:
-victor-vincente-america-colt2020.jpg
victor-vincente-vva2420-mud.jpg
Back in the 70s, alloy rims were only available in 20" because BMX was the only place they were used. Then in 79, the new 26" cruiser class came out, and the Repack gang jumped all over them. VV stuck it out a little longer, with the 24/20 og mullet above as a transitional bike. There's a funny story about Gary F winning one as a prize, but that's for Misters Kelly and Fisher to share.

Thanks to the Repack Rider for these pics he posted on mtbr. Victor Vincente of America, and his creations:View attachment 105557 View attachment 105558Back in the 70s, alloy rims were only available in 20" because BMX was the only place they were used. Then in 79, the new 26" cruiser class came out, and the Repack gang jumped all over them. VV stuck it out a little longer, with the 24/20 og mullet above as a transitional bike. There's a funny story about Gary F winning one as a prize, but that's for Misters Kelly and Fisher to share.
That is just too cool!

Hi everybody, good morning,
beautiful work, project. congratulations!:41::) Mr. LukeTheJoker
Question:
if I would like to try to redo with an old frame too, where can I find the measurements:tmi: Could you give the measurements of the frame?:whew:
It is possible to see yourself taking a ride on the built bicycle?
regards
Matteo

Last edited:
Hi everybody, good morning,
beautiful work, project. congratulations!:41::) Mr. LukeTheJoker
Question:
if I would like to try to redo with an old frame too, where can I find the measurements:tmi: Could you give the measurements of the frame?:whew:
It is possible to see yourself taking a ride on the built bicycle?
regards
Matteo
This is a sketch I received from the Australian Moosegoose group, hope it helps.

Screenshot_20190410-232919.jpg

Latest posts

Back