(MMBO 1) The Jackalope (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an effort to finish the bike on time I dropped it off today at the powder coater. It was a little pricier than I expected but I decided to do the frame, fork, fenders and chain guard. Not helping the budget was the fork being 3 pieces (not including the shocks) that need to get coated.

I also got my slick in the mail today. It is a no-name Korean tire, but it is a square-back slick and it showed up in just 4 days. Tonight I was able to clean up the wheels and get the tires mounted. Looks like I am going to be up to my eyeballs in orange clean and naval jelly for the next week or so.

I think I am done de-rusting and polishing. Not perfect but close enough. I think this is all the parts excluding the chain. I am working on graphics for the decals and I need to find someone to print them for me. Other than that I am just waiting on the frame to get back from powder coat so I can put it together.

No word from the powder coater yet but since I took everything I needed off the Summer Blonde I traded what was left of the rusty carcass even up for this. My 2 year old son needs some muscle too.

Parts are back from powder! I was expecting more of a "root beer" but it came out looking more like "caramel". Either way I like how it turned out. I would like to get the decals on before I assemble, but I don't know if I can wait until they get here.

Make life easier on yourself and wait! Not sure about the color in just parts. It may turn out great when its all together. I think they'll look good though, looks like your parts are mostly white.

agreed, I need a fork like that to hang on the wall in the shop
While I was picking this frame and fork up the seller received a call from someone else who was not too happy it was being sold. Come to find out it was the owner of my LBS (who happens to be a former pro freestyle guy). A week later when I showed it to him, he was glad that I was the one to get it but said he was still mad because he really wanted to hang it up in his shop.

Parts are back from powder! I was expecting more of a "root beer" but it came out looking more like "caramel". Either way I like how it turned out. I would like to get the decals on before I assemble, but I don't know if I can wait until they get here.

That color is tasty, I really like it! Btw, where did you order your Korean slicks from, I'm diggin' those!

That color is tasty, I really like it! Btw, where did you order your Korean slicks from, I'm diggin' those!
The tire was an Ebay score. A seller by the name of Ny-Hunters accepted my offer of $25 including shipping. Sadly he just had one or I would have bought another for future projects. He does have a redline slick up for sale now that I am tempted to shoot him a lowball on but I really don't have anything to put it on.

The tire was an Ebay score. A seller by the name of Ny-Hunters accepted my offer of $25 including shipping. Sadly he just had one or I would have bought another for future projects. He does have a redline slick up for sale now that I am tempted to shoot him a lowball on but I really don't have anything to put it on.

Good deal, thanks for the lead! Also, I'm guessing you're like most of us who has "the sickness" so I'm sure there's another build for you to use those slicks in the near future. ;-)

The "factory" half of my decals came in. Now I am only waiting on the custom decals for the chain guard and fenders, then it is time for final assembly! Hoping to get it put together next weekend so I have time for some good pics.

While I was picking this frame and fork up the seller received a call from someone else who was not too happy it was being sold. Come to find out it was the owner of my LBS (who happens to be a former pro freestyle guy). A week later when I showed it to him, he was glad that I was the one to get it but said he was still mad because he really wanted to hang it up in his shop.
It's better that you got it and put it to use.

Latest posts

Back