Mission accomplished -Sir- FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mission accomplished -Sir- painted 7-13

StephenH said:
But I remember seing somewhere in Worksman's literature that this was intentionally done to keep the back end narrow to make the bike easier to ride with work boots, so your boots didn't hit the frame. So a bit of trivia for you on that.

Thanks for the trivia. And thanks for the comments. I rode the bike and so did my brother,dad and SIL. Very comfy with the seat laid back. I need to find more seatpost like that.

I went to get a tetanus shot this morning as I couldnt remember my last one. No rusty metal but I learned you could die from tetanus. :shock:

Just pour some hydrogen-peroxcide on it.
Chicks dig grinder scars. :lol:

The bike looks GREAT!!!

More pics!!!! (of the bike)

BLASTER said:
Just pour some hydrogen-peroxcide on it.
Chicks dig grinder scars. :lol:
The bike looks GREAT!!!
More pics!!!! (of the bike)

I finished up in the garage and got a little soap and grease on it too.

More pics to follow. I have the wife on a recon run for more parts :mrgreen:

Looks awesome Clancy.

What kind of prep went into the chrome parts before the paint...any sanding?

Just wondering how easily it will be to scratch up the paint...maybe scratches are good on this bike though. :D

P.S. Dig your Park paint booth...ha ha!

Rat Rod said:
Looks awesome Clancy.
What kind of prep went into the chrome parts before the paint...any sanding?
Just wondering how easily it will be to scratch up the paint...maybe scratches are good on this bike though. :D

I just brass wheeled the chrome on the handle bars and neck. I think it will stick to the handle bars as that chrome was fairly rough. The neck my start flaking. I probably should of taking the sanding wheel to it, but hopefully the etching primer does its job.

P.S. Dig your Park paint booth...ha ha!
I took a cue from you and your Park workstand :D :D
100_2555.jpg

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir- New Pics 7-30

Had some time to mount some more cargo haulin accessories. Very appropriate ones to boot. They are removable like regular panniers. I rode it to the office today as I needed to bring some larger stuff to work and my Xtracycle is broken.

0730081148.jpg

0730081149a.jpg

0730081149.jpg

0730081150.jpg

Boneshaker said:
Nice. How do you keep 'em from sliding off the back or bouncing off?

There is a small bungee attached to the bottom of the ammo can and hooks down by the axle kind like the system on most panniers for bikes.

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir- New pics 7-30

Great looking bike!!! That's a neat idea with the ammo box's. Great build!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the comments. More pics will be on the way. Still need to mount the chainguard and some other items.

You guys are making it more and more difficult to pick a "favorite"! Right now at 4:20PM, July 30th, this is my fave. :lol: What I'd really like to see is a few REAL bullet holes in the ammo boxes, jmo. :roll:

KOTA said:
You guys are making it more and more difficult to pick a "favorite"! Right now at 4:20PM, July 30th, this is my fave. :lol: What I'd really like to see is a few REAL bullet holes in the ammo boxes, jmo. :roll:

Great IDEA!!!!!! The holes drain the ice when I roll with beer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! Beautiful work - what a cool theme! I have had a similar idea rattling around in my head for some time... Also - I push some of those nice fat Kenda Flames on my Kona Humu... nice job!

I wish there was a "Best Storage and/or Rack" catagory in this contest. :D
This would be my winner.
I Like the theme too.

Latest posts

Back