Mission accomplished -Sir- FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This won't be much of a rat but should be a fun custom. It started at the swap with rear rack that has nice simple lines. I was going to use the Heavy Duti from the swap but the frame was not wide enough for fat tires. So I stole the frame from my Clunker and transplant the clunker parts onto a Huffy frame. I like it better on the new frame.

0610080737.jpg

mock up pics up what I am thinking. 24x3 in the rear with a 26x3 in the front.
0610080734a.jpg

0610080734.jpg

0610080733.jpg

0610080734b.jpg

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir

Are you gonna have a riding video down that trail like last time? :lol: :lol: J/k! Love the part's changeover and mockup!
L8 Em

sensor said:
sweet! i liked that bike last time :mrgreen: digging the new look though!
Thanks.
TheDuke said:
Are you gonna have a riding video down that trail like last time? :lol: :lol: J/k! Love the part's changeover and mockup!
L8 Em
Of course. I did it with the first buildoff too. I still need to finish up the changeover by attaching cables and such.

I have attached the Felt fenders. The back works fine with the 24x3" tire. Even made a custom mount on the bottom. The front fender rubs on the 26x3" tire but I just need to space/tighten the axle in the bottom of the fork dropout to get rid of the rubbing. I was very suprised to get this tire in the fork. I wonder if one of these would fit in the rear.

This will be a military theme with a modern twist. The larger tire upfront will be much like the 96'ers being produced by Carver and trek(69er). Acceleration(rear) for quick manuevers in the field and a large tire in the front for rolling over obstacles. Still working on getting the center stand mounted. The rear rack will be the platform for some appropriate containers.

0617080746.jpg

0617080745.jpg

0617080746a.jpg

those tires look extra beefy !! like the rack/stand combo too, now smack that rear on !!! :D

Here is the fender mount. Just a bolt and spring cut to fit. I hopefully will have the centerstand mounted tonight.
0617081721.jpg

xddorox said:
Love the color combo cman. The bike is simple but very cool.

This will be getting some sort of paint job. say in a nice Army Green.

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir updates 6-19

CCR said:
those tires look extra beefy !! like the rack/stand combo too, now smack that rear on !!! :D

The meats are on. Mock up mostly done. Time to tear apart and get ready for paint and accesorize.

0618080805.jpg

looks great !!! the wd-40 was a nice touch too, tho probly not intentional :mrgreen:

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir updated 6/23

Thanks for the complements.

Not much has been accomplished but I did source a very important part while camping this weekend. A nice vintage liscense plate nailed to a post. It is a motorcycle plate with some bullet holes :mrgreen: It should fit in nicely with my military theme.

0622082343.jpg

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir- update 7-11

Been awhile since I have had time to work on it. I mounted the back rack permantely but I still have some top secret accessories to put on it. Mounted the Felt chainguard. I like how full coverage it is. Big canvas to paint something extra.
0710081714c.jpg

Found a seat that fits the funky, curve seat post.
0710081714a.jpg

Time to disassemble and paint.

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir- update 7-13

I finally had a full day to play in the Garage. I took the bike apart and starting stripping the paint with a brass wheel and grinder. A little carnage followed.
0713081147.jpg

Painted in my Park paintbooth(kids swingset) The bars, front basket and chainguard will be left in the green etching primer. the fenders,frame and fork are olive green.
0713081141.jpg

A little assembly
0713081513.jpg

Ready to ride. Still needs the accessories.
0713081628.jpg

Re: Mission accomplished -Sir- painted 7-13

Ouch! Your gonna have a scar, to remember this build. I love the way this bike looks. How can you not like a beefy Army bike. 8)

You know, those grinder wheels dont hurt as much as i thought they would. I thought it hurt about 3 days after i grazed my knuckle.

ahhhhh.......the flesh will mend itself and youll be left with a sweet bike :mrgreen:
looks great!(the bike that is :wink: )

You mentioned the "Heavy Duty" wouldn't accept wide tires. (I assume a Schwinn "Heavy Duty?) I've got a Worksman Industrial bike which I think is fairly similar. It uses 26x2.125 tires, but they don't have much clearance- maybe 3/16" on either side. But I remember seing somewhere in Worksman's literature that this was intentionally done to keep the back end narrow to make the bike easier to ride with work boots, so your boots didn't hit the frame. So a bit of trivia for you on that.

Latest posts

Back