Miss Bad Reputation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up an old girl's Stingray for a song off of Craig's List last night:
picture014co0.jpg

When I'm done, this little kitten is going to deserve her own Suicide Girls spread :p

The lowrider fork is definitely the first to go. Not just by choice - the lower bearing was broken up and made huge gouges in the steer tube. I am thinking of using a 26" fork for a subtle chopper look. The seat will be reupholstered in leopard print and matching grips will be purchased. I'm going to try making a custom sissybar (I'm praying to the fat dancing Buddha for help on that). Paint is going to be harlot-red metallic. There's lots of other little details that make me pretty excited for this build. One thing in particular may make a few jaws drop.... 8)

This finned chainguard is Hot Like The Sun

chainguardpt0.jpg

"Miss Bad Reputation" I'm pretty sure there's at least 1000 websites called that in one way or another (and at least half of them have my credit card number). A Suicide Girls style lowrider should be a good build....looking forward to this one.........

Somebody made a custom sissy bar on here not too long ago, it might have been for the last build-off. A search should bring that up fairly easily.

The build is going slow, but I'm making some good progress. I had ordered a Crossbow double springer for another project that's I'm going to use here instead. That looks soooooooooooooo cool on the little frame!

Today I had to do repair the seat post tube. The previous owner apparently needed a new post and instead of getting the correct skinny replacement, bought one that was too wide and just beat it down into place. I spent half a day of trying to finesse everything back into shape with a hammer before getting fed up and just grinding the last bit down. At least that gave me an excuse to start smoothing down factory welds :p

My digital camera just ran out of battery power, so I had to use my crappy cellphone:
missbadreputation2xt1.jpg

I may just stick with a stock sissybar after all. Now that I have a better idea of the final stance, my original idea seems pretty gaudy. (Then again, just while typing that I came up with another option that would look pretty slick....).

I also want to see how much it would be to get the chainguard chromed.

Lookin Good! Those forks are a big improvement! Starting to look like a bee atch. 8)

Latest posts

Back