Mismatched Wheel or Tire Sizes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55.jpg

Work in progress, OCC StingRay rear running a 20x100mm wheel and 20x4.25 tire. Front is a modified vintage Schwinn springer running a 24x65mm wheel and a 24x3 tire
493c9eafbc6026e7d469d6ece951c6f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. You.
Up to now, I have been able to avoid fat tire choppers. I used to think they were ugly and unrideable.

Imagine it with a full rear fender/Phantom chainguard and tank and a custom Manta Ray inspired banana seat...brakes are drum front and scooter band in rear on a Sturmey Archer wide 3 speed hub.
Just need to get a shop built so I have room to work in order to finish it. There’s a build thread on it somewhere on here, let me find it

Yes. You.
Up to now, I have been able to avoid fat tire choppers. I used to think they were ugly and unrideable.

Search for “Phantom of the OCC - now the Schwinn Black Phantasm”

24 inch BMX with 26 inch front wheel and fork.
View attachment 154611
I got the front wheel for free and it was off of a cheap Walmart mongoose full suspension. I did find a rear wheel that would fit that was from a much nicer frame that was also free. I am considering putting a really nice, disc compatible front wheel on this frame and using a front disc brake.

Work in progress, OCC StingRay rear running a 20x100mm wheel and 20x4.25 tire. Front is a modified vintage Schwinn springer running a 24x65mm wheel and a 24x3 tire
493c9eafbc6026e7d469d6ece951c6f8.jpg

this is awesome.

Latest posts

Back