Mini Velo (ALTON)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted some aluminum fenders on my Mini Velo. I originally bought them for use on my Ratted out Huffy and the one I was going to use didn't work out for it.

The fender on the rear was originally a front fender and the one on the front is part of the rear fender that went with the front one.
Fender%201.jpg

Fender%202.jpg

I'm also thinking of putting a small rack on the back of the bike. What do some of you think about that? Also should I paint the fenders or leave them as is, maybe buff them out some?

I like the way the seat spring turned out.
The only mini velo that I have had (not counting folders) was a Dahon Hammerhead that I flipped.
IMG_1890.jpg

I think the smaller size of that rack would fit well on a mini velo. That rack is really designed to go on the front, but I have one and ended up mounting it out back like that.
Yea I know it is really meant for the front as they show here for the same one. Though with such a long head tube I thought it may not look that good there.
71itAfIZLLL._SL1500_.jpg

I love me a mini velo. But at my large size, I am afraid I would look like a bear on a tricycle. :(
And the problem is? :crazy:

You might have to build one like I did using a full size frame, I am 6'4"...

Luke.

And the problem is? :crazy:

You might have to build one like I did using a full size frame, I am 6'4"...

Luke.
I thought about ding that also and I even have a couple frame I could use to do it, but in the end choose to go this route. I am happy I did as it let me mod it a little and make it mine.

I thought about ding that also and I even have a couple frame I could use to do it, but in the end choose to go this route. I am happy I did as it let me mod it a little and make it mine.
Yeah, your bike is seriously cool Drac!

Luke.

I saw one online that had a chromoly frame. Aluminum frames make we weary. I am probably over thinking the whole idea as materials are usually very good quality. I'm just old school I guess.

I saw one online that had a chromoly frame. Aluminum frames make we weary. I am probably over thinking the whole idea as materials are usually very good quality. I'm just old school I guess.
If this thing was built old school style it wouldn't be much lighter than a full size road bike. It comes stock at a little over 23lbs. Now I'm sure if the crank arms were to be an Aluminium alloy another 1 1/2lbs to 2lbs could be shaved off.

Latest posts

Back