Military Style Bike ‚ The Grenade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her eis bike I built for my brother in first of December. The fork braces mount to the actual handlebars. It's painted amy green and gloss black w/chrome & aluminum accents. Plate is made out of sanded plexiglass and I painted the star/skull on it (both sides). I don;t have to many pics of final build, but just though I would share. I extended the forks/wheel mounts using an old door hinge. Thanks for looking.

VIEW BIKE OTHER BIKE BUILD PICS HERE: >>http://www.kingplinker.com/bikes/grenade/

1.jpg

16.jpg

Hey thanks - yes, those are stars - I found bunch of cool "drawer pulls" at a swap meet. I like to put them at the end of handlebars, and stuff - I had a hole that was already in the old door hinge I used to extend front wheel out, so I popped them in there. My brother is tall, so I tried to make the seat sit back a little, and extend front wheel out w/cruiser pegs for him. That is a green camo paint I got from Lowe's.

Is their a bicycle called a TYLER? That would have been cool to find. This is a huffy mountain bike frame. The TYLER on the chainguard is a piece off the top of a license plate from dealership inTyler, TX. I sprayed it black, then sanded off to expose the chrome. Thanks man! - Cheers, T.

Thanks for star idea, never thought of draw pulls. Tylers are cheap bikes made in Poland. I made something of one viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15628 . This is the one I thought to make into a Military paint job. I was making it for a friend but put to much time into it to give it away so I sprayed up a John Deere for him instead. I also picked up a couple of months ago a 20" girls Tyler that some one put small ape hangers on. Rob from New London has one too.

GL

sweet, I like where your build is going on that bike - good to know there are actually Tyler bikes! I had no idea. Hey, can you give me any tips on that seat-post you made? I made one for this bike yesterday and it failed - I cut a V in post, then bent it back and tried to weld it, but I blew a giant hole in it...

Latest posts

Back