Messing around with decals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
20180601_141436.jpg

Ran these today, excel from computer screen shots and some layouts I did. Printed on clear with regular office printer. Thats about the extent of my graphics equipment. Limited to black, colors are very transparent on clear.

The Haro/Hutch logo should be fun, both camps are pretty particular. :21: its going on a trail bike that i beat on.

Last time i tried this i clear coated them on the sheet and the edges were visible after trimming. Gonna skip the clear this time or clear them on the frame.

Schwinn is for a future project, definately not a resto, was trying to fill the sheet so a ratfink got added.

Last edited:
OMG!!! You have to be kidding me!!!
HEY DUMB ...!!! You are F'EN with peoples INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES!!!
Thank GOD it was not my company that you are trying to "RIP OFF", otherwise I would have had gotten an Email from my IP attorneys apprising of the value of yourself, your loved ones, property in your name, and vehicles owned by you... and asking me if I wanted to "pull the trigger" on suing you right now or after you made a couple of $$$!

KILL THIS THREAD! AND DON'T DO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!
I appreciate the advice, Its not for sale, its not representative of either company, its a likeness of a combination of both.

Are you a Haro fan or Hutch:rofl:

I'm QUITE sure that the Schwinn company is not going to sue ANYBODY for creating reproduction decals.

When I contacted Schwinn in April 2018 in the hopes that they could point me to ANYONE making reproduction stickers for my vintage Le Tour IV, the lady on the phone explained that they (obviously) didn't have any such decals, but asked for my e-mail address so she could send me a copy/pasted document that started with "Thank you for contacting us. I’m excited to hear that you have a piece of Schwinn history. When we purchased the Schwinn company in 2001 we were not given information or parts for their past models. There are a few small businesses out there that specialize in rebuilding vintage bikes. Below are a few websites with helpful leads, parts and information."

...and concluded with a dozen links to other websites, including two small companies that made reproduction Schwinn decals, seats, and apparently headbadges.

I'm pretty sure that any lawyer with a pulse could successfully argue that Schwinn couldn't sue a company for IP infringement if Schwinn knew exactly what that company made, and actually referred people to that company's website!

Last edited:
20171130_144348.jpg
20171130_144355.jpg

So heres the target bike, its a 2006 haro nyquist 3. I considered restoring it, but I actually cannot find pics of an original bike, even on bmx museum, theyve all been painted. No 2006 haro catalogs online, Id have to pay $20 to buy one on ebay to see what the original paint and decal layout looked like, then good luck obtaining them.
I was kinda stalled, after having the bike stripped and wanted to use the faded brown/pink rim. Shot it in clear and tried to match the crank with a mix of copper and maroon pearl, some light it matches, usually not.
Nuquist 3 is a step below the top tier bike that year in the nyquist signature line, it is a full chromoly frame. Nyquist 4 was the top being chromoly and having machined or integrated headset --- cant get good details without the product catalog.

Ive been having fun with this, it rides great, very responsive, quick, light bike, well balanced and handles great on trails.

I added some stickers that look like bandaids on the downtube dents, and a chevron headtube sticker as a shout out to when chevron sued haro for their trademark encroachment. That little deal is how haro's logo is known as a "hevron", not a chevron.

Ive since added bar ends, and have a better haro seat to swap on. This bike gets spare parts thrown at it as I upgrade other stuff. I like black anodizing thats faded to brown, its an interesting look, it fits this build. Have a few pieces. If you got any brown - faded black anodizing parts hanging around, let me know.

Sometimes I search the USPTO (patent and trade mark) site for info on bikes and stuff. Patents have pictures, names, and dates. Trademarks sometimes have graphics, and have names and dates. Sometimes patents are renewed, sometimes allowed to expire or are cancelled.

Ill check and update type of printer.
Just using Avery clear decal 8.5x11 from officemax. Papilio clear "paper" is supppsed be good stuff. Im going to buy it next, and some white.
I make a lot of random stickers for my daughters (5&7)

HEY DUMB ...!!! You are F'EN with peoples INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES!!!
Thank GOD it was not my company that you are trying to "RIP OFF", otherwise I would have had gotten an Email from my IP attorneys apprising of the value of yourself, your loved ones, property in your name, and vehicles owned by you... and asking me if I wanted to "pull the trigger" on suing you right now or after you made a couple of $$$!

KILL THIS THREAD! AND DON'T DO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back