messing around before the race yesterday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the 500 didnt start until 5pm eastern, and I had a few hours to kill. Hmm what to do,what to do.....clean the house? Nah
Do laundry,...Nope :roll: I know, lets go bash some parts and see what fits where :lol: :lol:
Start with a box store mountain bike, this one from the classifieds outta do;
PICT0047.jpg

Next, grab an unlikely test subject, how bout that columbia I was thinking of restoring? :mrgreen:
PICT0055.jpg

A little massage of bearing cups and stem with the bench-grinder, find a longer stem bolt, a little flip-flop of the bar stem, toss in some spare beach bars and ... :wink:
PICT0050.jpg

Took it for a couple of hot laps around the parking garage, rides great!
Next thing I knew, it was time to head upstairs, turn on the surround sound, and listen to old D.W. yell," boogety boogety boogety, lets go racing boys!!"
Gotta love those quick and fairly easy converts, gives you a sense of accomplishment, even if it doesnt stay that way.
Rick

Now you just need to yank the rear fender and rack and throw a 24 incher on there with a 3" Thick Brick. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Now you just need to yank the rear fender and rack and throw a 24 incher on there with a 3" Thick Brick. :wink:
I like the way this man thinks folks, 8) As much as i'd like to Steve, I can't. I don't own a 24 inch rim (or the thick bricks either, but I do have 5 sets of 26 kenda flames thanks to a certain message board! )

Just noticed the above was my 100th post, feels like I just joined yesterday. Want to give a shout out to Steve and the crew for making this a great place to be, and to my fellow ratsters for keeping it cool.
Rick

Latest posts

Back