Mega May Mongoose Beast eBike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mongoose Beast with Cromotor and Lyen 18FET
80mm in the rear
65mm in the front
Nirve Classic Cruiser Fork in the front with the Sturmey archer X-FD Drum Brake...Regen in the rear...

Sill working on the kickstand, need to cut handle bars(too wide), looking for a different seat, light on the way, and I need to tailor fit the 1000D Cordura frame wrap almost done. It is very fast off the start...

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

Re: My Mongoose Mega May Beast Build

While others may not be so interested in battery power I will be watching this closely as I have the pieces to make 8! Cool look thus far.

It's a lot lower to the ground now since I switched out the big tires. I have to be careful with pedal positions on turns. I took it off road today and it can get pretty bumpy...Pedaling is only going to be for hills and stuff...I have an extra set of the Nirve forks on ebay with brake Pivots mounts if anybody wants them...I had to cut the head tube on the beast frame to get enough thread for headset. I would guess a 50mm rim would clear the the Pivots Mounts. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290911054139?ss ... 1555.l2649

I just took it out for a few miles on the beach! Wow!

Wicked!

Wow!

i'm not one usually for the jiggawatt bikes, but this is cool

Hi Stretch,

Maybe. That was my original plan. The motor weighs 25lbs and was already laced into the 80mm double wall rim, so I just rolled with it...front brakes on this build cost double with a 100mm vs 65mm rim...

But so much fun! In the current configuration and load, I can go about 25mph on a flat terrain for 14miles. That's full throttle with no pedaling. I have a 20T free wheel in the back and the 170mm 32T Truvativ crank. With that gearing, pedaling is only effective at the crest of steep hills. I will have a Sinz 135mm 38T crankset here tomorrow. That should solve the low offset due to the modifications and the gearing issue. Trial and error for now.

One of the first custom bikes I built when I first started here. I liked a 1938 Colson
and I wanted it longer, so I stretched it 7'' and then later I built the loop tail and
added it. Its a nice riding bike. Just now finally finished it...Five years later. :lol: :lol:

DSCF0004_zpsecfd87e0.jpg

Latest posts

Back