1. The forum software will be upgraded on Saturday (April 4). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Mean Streak

Discussion in 'MBBO & WBO 2019 - FINISHED CLASS 1 BIKES' started by GuitarlCarl, Jan 27, 2020.

1. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Well, is it a muscle bike or not?
    It meets two out of the rules and I would add has a tough stance including pedal parking. Now, I did create it from the bones of a Long BMX, which in turn I created with the tubes from a couple of old ten speeds. But the look is there I think. If I was a banana seat guy, one would be right at home on it. It can also be reset as the original build, a 20" tired BMX, as well as a third option that will probably be the long term look, a 26" tired cruiser. But here it at a "fixed point in time" 01/27/2020 You can see the short build thread >>>HERE.<<<
    final1.jpg
    This was the starting point VVV The first order was to modify the frame. I wanted a laid back seat and the BB needed to slide forward a bit. I cut the seat stays where they butted into the original seat post tube and spread them to move along side the seat post tube. Extending them created a kind of a cantilever look but also echoed the chain stays angle. An idler was created to get the chainline clean and I wasn't using the old BB anyway... So here it is, a muscle bike driven by a two speed kickback hub. Quicker and badder than the sum of it's parts, Mean Streak.
    done1.jpg

Carl.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Another epic journey. Can't wait for Vote Day +1 build.

GuitarlCarl likes this.
  3. OddJob

OddJob

I somehow missed the paint job along the way. Cool effect you have going there, Carl!

That baby is stretttcheddd !

4. Jude Ephesus

Jude Ephesus

Sweet ride Carl!

GuitarlCarl likes this.
  5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

It has elements of a dragster, so its a muscle bike to me. Dang good one, too.

GuitarlCarl likes this.
  6. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

She got a mean streak!

GuitarlCarl likes this.
  7. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

One of my favorite pieces is the idler. I cut down a crank and carved a face into it.[​IMG]

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

8. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Fun ride. Kinda mimics the Murray Chopper frames a little.
    That idler is killer

GuitarlCarl likes this.