Mead-Roubaix, a little road action...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife did her first road race last weekend. Mead-Roubaix (obviously a takeoff on Paris-Roubaix) was held on the rural roads of Weld County, Colorado. About 40 % dirt/gravel with a couple deep sandy sections that forced most riders to dismount (or tip over). Mostly I was just trying out my first digital slr, taking snapshots of her team. I did snap off a few of random racers. Even in a wind that made the jeep shake, zoomed out to 300mm, it was still a simple matter to get ok shots! Taking mtb race photos in the 80's I'd prefocus on a rock or twig and then wait patiently for the riders to appear hoping I focused and timed it just right (or at least close). Of course there was no way I'd spring for the film and developing for 3 or 4 rolls of slide film! Now it's just wait for the rider to enter the viewfinder, press the button, that's it. It's almost like cheating!

the cat 4 gals, together early on.....

DSC_0004JPG2.jpg

due to road conditions and wind things had gotten ugly by this point...

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0031JPG2.jpg

DSC_0020JPG2.jpg

DSC_0034JPG2.jpg

it was sort of funny for a road race- nobody ever seemed to be going the same way!

DSC_0055JPG2.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

just a few random snapshots....

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0091JPG2.jpg

Latest posts

Back