(MBBO04C1) '67 HUFFY "The Musclepunk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks OJ I knew I could count on you..was about 58 here today and supposed to be in the 60s tomm.

One other thing on the white. I have another item to ad that will give the bike a splash of white. And I think that will be just about it for this build.

Here we go page 9. I knew it was getting close. Kid was off school today so we had fun goofing around with this bike. Here he gets a pic of me primping the punk with some Pledge.

park3_zpsqxwnlrdp.jpg~original

Then we invaded the neighborhood park with the Musclepunk and the General Lee.

park2_zpsvatzajr3.jpg~original

park_zpsvlzvxlyi.jpg~original

On to the vid...more of a drive by but you get to see the bike in action.

I added the intro/outro deal and it had a bunch of things to ad text to. I did the best I could. Like I said it's not great.

Got a couple more pics at the park. Kind of nice to see it in front of something besides the red privacy fence in the back yard. Bike was happy to get out and about. I haven't been riding it as much as I want to keep it nice until I can get a good final pic of it.

mp20_zpsvx2wbtlt.jpg~original

mp21_zps4yq7nggz.jpg~original

Got another decent pic of the seat.

seat8_zpsktnwo3jq.jpg~original

and I'll put one of these over here. I really like the way the peace sign worked out.

peace2_zpsxhuxsjrv.jpg~original

Just one more item planned for this and she'll be just about done....I think...:39:

Last edited:
That bike is perfect! Great stance and it looks like a blast to ride!

The thing that blows me away about it is that it has original paint!

Would just like to say what a beautiful bike. Perfect in every way.

Thank you!

This is a: Very Cool Bike.:cool2:
Good to see : The General, out for a ride.:thumbsup:

Thanks friend. General still gets plenty of action. He loves that bike.

Very clean build. Nicely done!:41:

Thank you TRM

That bike is perfect! Great stance and it looks like a blast to ride!

Thank you buddy!! For everything...including this free Huffy..:happy:

The thing that blows me away about it is that it has original paint!

Same paint as this pic. She's come a long way.

before2_zps7g6avvnd.jpg~original

It is a blast to ride. Shifter works great and is a lot of fun to use. Rides real smooth even with the stock Person's padding in the seat. Which is good because I can only stare at it and make motor noises for so long before I have to ride it.:D

Last edited:
Enjoyed the vid! Looks like a great fit, you should have many miles of fun on that ride. Sounds like your'e edging near the Finished line.....:nod:

Great bike you nailed this bike 26" big muscle is always a great riding bike . Fast , fun & way cool . Shifter , shocks , banana, glitter , I can't think of any thing you missed . You guys must be the talk of the neighborhood ! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys so much. It's been a great time fiddling with this Huffy.

You guys must be the talk of the neighborhood !

Oh I'll bet we are. First time I rode the musclepunk another guy on a bike turned his eyes towards it but not his head and he smiled real big like "what the?":)

Last day off for me. Been 13 glorious days in a row. Got my one last item in the mail today. An NOS seat tube decal just like the one that was on the bike.

Brought the bike into the kitchen to warm it up and tilted it back in the stand so it would be easier to lay the decal on the seat tube.

decal_zpsf1zybyik.jpg~original

I thought it had an NOS hair on it but turns out it was a crack..:eek: Tricky business with the old decals.

decal2_zpsppmg1trl.jpg~original

I knid of baby sat it as it dried and kept rolling over the cracks with a q-tip soaked with microset decal setting solution. Doesn't look too shabby. Might have to try some clear nail polish or something to seal up the cracks. Would be nice to clear over it but not sure I feel like tearing the bike back down.

decal3_zpsmhrommb5.jpg~original

Got a few days off next week so hopefully get some outside pics. Week after that I'm working overtime so I'll most likely just be likin' and lurkin'. Getting close...

Last edited:
I'll have to pick all y'alls brains for how to locate these cool decals once I get to building my muscle bike for next year. Love the vintage look of yours Chad!

Back in the day ! Bra before cell phones, Tex messages , face time , blah blah, blah . Kids got out on there bikes , skate boards , sling shots , daisy BB guns . We played out side we built tree forts , played ball and lived life to the fullest .
I wish kids today could experience that more . Over all most kids don't get to do that . I'm glad you and your boy are out keeping it real . Less is more , as Lynyard skynyard said be a simple man love God & love life

Last edited:
I'll have to pick all y'alls brains for how to locate these cool decals once I get to building my muscle bike for next year. Love the vintage look of yours Chad!

Thanks OddJob. The decal came from a friend but there is a guy who makes them I think. Reproductions are a lot easier to use but I couldn't find a repro of this one. Thought about the rail decal for there which you can get on ebay but this one has a lot more white to offset all the red.

Back in the day ! Bra before cell phones, Tex messages , face time , blah blah, blah . Kids got out on there bikes , skate boards , sling shots , daisy BB guns . We played out side we built tree forts , played ball and lived life to the fullest .
I wish kids today could experience that more . Over all most kids don't get to do that . I'm glad you and your boy are out keeping it real . Less is more , as Lynyard skynyard said be a simple man love God & love life

Thank you G-Matt. Yeah he kind of lives a retro childhood in a lot of ways. It's not like it was when I was a kid though. In the summer we would be out by ourselves all day screwing around. But I have fun doing lots of stuff I did as a kid with him.

Now that winter is closing in we've retreated to the basement to play with the race cars. I'd like to do another Fastback sometime and paint it this color.

lambo_zps0qkombyw.jpg~original

Speaking of Fastbacks. I was able to make the seat on mine look a lot better with my new found banana seat gimmick (mainly the heat gun).

fb_zpsugesdabr.jpg~original

fb2_zpser3rdhjg.jpg~original

Brought this back up from the basement today to get a good look at the decal. These old decals are a little dicey to deal with. This star deal had about 6 pieces try to escape but I was able to chase most of them back in there..pretty much. Coated the edges, cracks and loose pieces with clear nail polish to try and help hold it together.

decal4_zpsap18upqt.jpg~original

But it looks better the farther away you get.

decal5_zpshxk7nsth.jpg~original

Gives that seat tube a nice break from the red.

mp29_zpspnjoeoki.jpg~original

Headbadge sticker was in pretty good shape. I just cleaned up the edges that were peeling with a razor blade.

mp28_zps8pybzc33.jpg~original

This is the original decal for this bike but I did move it about 2 inches higher to give it a little extra muscley look. I still need to flip the front wheel around. Seeing the directional tire pointing the wrong direction is a real pet peeve of mine but I keep doing it with this wheel.

mp26_zps3aggaai6.jpg~original

Ran out of light before I got a very good pic but I think the decal def adds something to the over all appearance. Will try for some better pics tomorow and maybe post her up as done soon. I do have one other doo dad I keep forgetting to show. Need to get a pic of that tomorrow as well.

Latest posts

Back